Author Topic: It's not one of the food groups...HUH?...lol!  (Read 4165 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

It's not one of the food groups...HUH?...lol!
« on: July 12, 2005, 08:52:23 pm »
Last Sat. night we had a bonfire & cookout...Anot her driver form my hubby's old company was there with his wife & kids...Anyway, my hubby pattied up the burgers & left them sit on a plate on the picnic table & evidently Samson was sniffing them & licked them while we were busy with some other things...The wife of the other driver saw it & thought it would be funny to wait until we were eating to tell us...So Randy, my uncle Mark & myself are chowing away & she says, "Your dog licked the burgers"...We all keep eating...She's like "No really..when they were on the table he licked them"!..No reaction from us as we are busy chowing down on burgers...So she's getting really excited & says " NO REALLY!!! I AM SERIOUS!!...YOUR DOG LICKED THE BURGERS WHEN THEY WERE SITTING ON THE PICNIC TABLE"!!!!!!!!!!!!...Randy (my hubby) stops chewing long enough to say, "NO REALLY!...I HAVE 8 CATS, 2 HOUSE BUNNIES, A GUINEA PIG, & A DOG THAT LIVE IN MY HOUSE...SLOBBE R & HAIR ARE A MAIN STAPLE OF MY DIET"!!!!!!!!!! & he goes back to eating...My uncle & I never reacted at all...Those were some damn good burgers too!..lol!!!!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: It's not one of the food groups...HUH?...lol!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 09:05:09 pm »
That is hilarious!  I don't think I remember how to eat anything that doesn't have hair or drool on it! 
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 09:43:26 pm »
I mean where does that woman come from?...lol...I think it is obvious that she doesn't have pets...She also made the comment later that night that she has a hard time making friends because woman are jealous of her ::)...I don't think that's the reason why honey!!! :o

GR8DAME

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 07:57:01 am »
My husband has an Uncle that refuses to eat anything at my house that does not come on a paper plate because he saw me give the furkids table scraps on a real plate once. The same plates that get washed in a dishwasher in water hot enough to remove skin. Ironically this same uncle has three cats that he allows in the cabinettes and up on the counters where dishes are air drying from hand washing, and they walk all over everything with their little litter-box feet.

Of course I never have to worry about eating at their house, as his wife is such a big fan of mine that I don't even get invited into the house anymore, all visits take place on the porch.So chances of even a glass of water are slim and none.
Stella

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 09:19:40 am »
Yes, I'm serious Tina!...& Stella, When we bought our house I was informed that one of my aunts & my grandmother would never come hereforX-mas dinner because of all of my cats...I hadn't really mentioned having X-mas here but because I had a large house & formal dining room I guess they just assumed I'd want to...Well, I just said, "well that's too bad...we'll have to have it elsewhere then"...Worked out for me just fine!..lol!!

GR8DAME

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 10:16:11 am »
Gyp,
If you did have it at your house, would their non-attendance be such a big deal. I figure that it is his Uncle's loss. I am a fantastic cook...I didn't get these thighs on peanut butter and slimfast.
Stella

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 10:42:04 am »
A little dog jiz or dog hair never killed anyone.
Carolyn
Carolyn

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 11:06:43 am »
Gyp,
If you did have it at your house, would their non-attendance be such a big deal. I figure that it is his Uncle's loss. I am a fantastic cook...I didn't get these thighs on peanut butter and slimfast.
Stella
LOL Stella!...I don't want to have it at my house so it worked out pyrfectly! ;D

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2005, 01:00:11 pm »
I'm so used to seeing dog hair in my food I would be upset if I didn't see it.  One of my coworkers gets really upset if she sees me pull dog hair out of my food or sees dog hair on my clothes.  She can't understand how I can stand having them in my house. 

I don't want to tell her I wouldn't be able to stand her kids or husband for five minutes even outside.  It's even harder not to give her advice on discipline for her son using my dog knowlegde.

My stepmom won't come to my house because of the dogs.  They scare her.  They are not allowed at her house either because they have light carpet and they are so big.  Whatever it gives me an excuse 'I have to go the dogs have been in their cage for 1 hour now'.

My sister doesn't come to my house often but she is highly allergic to my dogs.  We had dogs growing up but she got twice weekly allegery shots for that and other things too.  Now she only gets them once a week so dogs and cats really bother her after about 10 minutes.

My dad loves coming over.  You can wear your shoes in my house, eat in family room, you don't have to immediately put stuff away, you don't have to get up to throw extra food out, you can sit on the couch with companionship and not have to talk.  Plus he is my handy man.  He can try new things at my house and if it is not perfect, no one will get upset with him.

My dogs help me selectively decide who to and not to spend my time with.  and I don't even have to avoid phone calls.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2005, 01:17:32 pm »
How funny! 

Gracey loves to sniff and taste test things on the counter while your back is turned.  And as far as I know...dog "jiz" doesn't really have a taste...and hair goes down well if hidden in something. 

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2005, 06:23:46 pm »
I think its funny the way some people have an aversion to dog hair and drool. My stepdad would never eat off a plate if he seen the dogs eat off of it. Heck my dogs are my prewash cycle  before the dishwasher. I was over at my Moms house and they have a cat. I went into the bathroom and seen the cat drinking out of my stepdads denture dish. ;D I loved it. He doesn't have a clue  ;)
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla