Author Topic: EEEEK!! A mouse in the house  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
EEEEK!! A mouse in the house
« on: June 04, 2007, 10:18:42 am »
So much for the dogs coming to my protection if I am ever in distress!  I heard a strange noise coming from downstairs the other night and went to investigate.  I saw Sigfried (one of the cats) seemed to be stuck under a cabinet, so I got down to peer underneath (no easy task, being almost 6 months prego). 
As I brought my face level with the floor, Sigfried came up to my face...carryin g a LIVE mouse, injured but moving...which he DROPPED in front of my nose...and the mouse RAN TOWARDS ME!  AHHHHHHHHHHHHH .  I was so shocked, I tried to scramble to my feet-took longer than it should have-and started screaming.  I mean total, panic stricken yelling!  It's not that I am scared of mice but it was the middle of the night and a mangled. bloody mouse running at me was the last thing I expected.
My poor husband woke up and came running, thinking I was being murdered.  The dogs...NO REACTION!  Wimps.  They did not even come out of our room to investigate, let alone downstairs.   My Binky, she is cute and I love her, but guardian she is not!
We managed to catch the mouse in a box and let him go but I doubt he survived the night.  Glad it happened though or we would not have realized that there was a huge hole around one of our pipes in the basement, leading right into the house!  We have since fixed the hole and hopefully will not get any more midnight visitors!  Especially since we have such great guard dogs!
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: EEEEK!! A mouse in the house
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 11:21:52 am »
LMAO I don't mind mice one bit if they're tame pets ,but wild ones ....ewwww I've had way too many encounters with them ! One time ,I was scooping grain out of a bin for my horses and a mouse ran up my arm and into my shirt ! ACK ! Another time , when my hubby and I were first married , we lived in an old trailer house on a ranch (He was a ranch hand) and I was going thru boxes and found a nest ! Yuck ! Right in my wedding stuff  :'( I kept the box closed and waited for hubby to get home , he opened the box and let our cat go after them , it was kind of funny because he didn't know which way to go *oooh ,there's a mouse there ,oooh there's a mouse over there ! *LOL

-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: EEEEK!! A mouse in the house
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 12:45:43 pm »
one of those things you can laugh about...but not at the time. at least the mouse didnt run right into your nose!
hope you dont have mousey nightmares :P
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown