Author Topic: Zoey Update  (Read 7946 times)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Zoey Update
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2007, 05:58:14 am »
Oh my gosh, a hog???  :o  Agh, I've heard that they can be extremely nasty but I didn't realize that they'd come up so close to homes.  Shudder, poor Zoey.  :(  How is she healing?
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

chaosndestruction

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2007, 11:35:42 pm »
oh my goodness! Poor Zoey and now that you've said that it certainly makes since! Hogs do have nasty tusks, that's why  most farms that raise pigs for meat get their tusks removed, they are dangerous!

bigdogs@5501

Re: Zoey Update** New Update**
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2007, 09:26:33 am »
We saw Dr.Gray on tuesday. The leg is healing better than the foot- the stitches are tearing out of the toes because of the way that the foot flexes when she walks. I have some new medicine that we are flushing the foot with 2 times a day and then on friday we are going to try and do an open type of cast on that foot and leg- unless we can find some type of splinting. We need to be able to have the top of the foot open to the air, but a solid surface for the bottom of the foot- Anyone have any suggestions?? She is enjoying all of the extra attention and she really enjoys going to the dog sitter since they totally spoil her rotten over there.

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2007, 10:18:24 am »
I can't imagine how much work it is to care for her, I know it's what we do but bless you..that's a lot. I am sending lots of fast healing vibes over there. I feel just horrible for her and so sad. :( Hugs for Zoey, and lots of kisses from my pups. :)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2007, 02:49:18 pm »
I'm glad that Zoey's leg is healing well, but I'm sorry that she's having so much trouble with her poor foot, that must be so painful.  We've looked for booties before and I remember one that I think might work for Zoey, but I've looked all over the web & I can't find it (though I'll keep looking).  I know that a pet store near us carried it, so I'll call them tomorrow and try to get a product name for you.  If you think that it would work & you can't find it I could get it and ship it to you.  It had a soft rubber sole and a mesh top.  It was a summer dog shoe to protect their feet from hot pavement, but keep their feet cool at the same time. Here's something that I did find on the web and it's supposed to be especially for injuries & such. 
 http://www.petboots.com/protboot/index.htm
This one has a high top on it though and I don't know if it would work with Zoey's leg sutures.  I'll call about the other one and post about it tomorrow.  Please give her a kiss & a gentle hug for me and snuffle-kisses from my pup pack.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees