Author Topic: Beware: Bad Rottweiler Breeder Information  (Read 4322 times)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Beware: Bad Rottweiler Breeder Information
« on: July 16, 2005, 05:39:49 pm »
Of particular interest to those in Florida or with dogs of Florida bloodlines:

http://www.notjustdogs.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=DogBnW_bd;action=display;num=1102937418
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Beware: Bad Rottweiler Breeder Information
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 11:13:55 am »
That is sad...
I will definently be more prepared if I ever go to look for another dog. There actually is a very good Rott breeder in my area and she is very very strict about who takes her dogs. She wants you to study study study before you go in to see her and then she'll interview you before she tells you that if you buy a female from her that she wants it fixed to prevent things like this. It is amazing the difference, huh?
And speaking of things like this. My husband mentioned that it would be cheaper to take Felony to the vet that my friend had... but after I thought about it, this is the vet that told her it was ok to get rid of the puppies at 6 weeks old.
So, I am slightly skeptical about that and am planning on taking her to my mother's vet.
Just bringing this up because puppy mills aren't the only thing that people should research/look out for before buying...

Offline Lorena

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 09:15:45 pm »
Hi there!
Thanks for info! I've just look af the link you posted and my husband was atonished!  :o
We called this guy like a month ago to find another puppy, because we've been looking for a male rottweiler playmatte for Sasha....

They guy asked my husband to go there and leave a $ 500 deposit and the puppies were not even borned! For sure this guy didn't have good intentions...

Thanks for the notice  ;) and hopefully more people become aware of this!

Now we have Gordo, since a neighborgh brough him a month ago, and we do not need to go out there and keep searching....

~Lorena~

Offline mitchie

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Daisy n' Phoebe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 07:45:41 am »
That is just so sad. 

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 08:10:43 am »
I would urge anyone looking for any breed of puppy to contact the NATIONAL BREED CLUB, which you can find at http://www.akc.org.

Each club generally has a breeder referral person, or a list of breeders that you can look through to find someone in your area.

Not ALL who are members of their National clubs are great breeders, but it is a good place to start.

ANY breeder should be asking you questions, requiring spay/neuter of any animal sold as a pet, and selling with a signed contract.

If this is not made clear from the very start, keep looking.
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.