Author Topic: WE SAW RUDDER ON TV!!  (Read 7790 times)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
WE SAW RUDDER ON TV!!
« on: June 09, 2007, 08:47:35 am »
Hi! i just want to say that we saw rudder on tv tonight on the america's cutest puppies show!  oh soo exciting!!  he's sooo cute and fluffy!! oh i just love it!! hehe!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: WE SAW RUDDER ON TV!!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 08:53:37 pm »
I so missed it! Bummer! They had reruns on WETv the other night and I was hoping it would be the episode with Rudder in it, but nope. :(
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline Moore1125

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 04:13:59 am »
Oh Thanks for posting that you saw him! They actually re-ran the episode right after the finale on Saturday! We taped it YET again:) Thanks for the kind words!

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 04:56:17 pm »
Ah lucky you and Rudder! We don't get those channel so we couldn't have watched. I bet it was cute too! Ahhh
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 07:41:43 pm »
I saw it and personally I thought that Rudder should have won. He was absolutely precious- he looked like a big cuddly Gund Bear. Silly people, I dont get the fascination with the little dogs. Give Rudder a hug from me and tell him he was the winner as far as we were concerned.

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 08:48:41 pm »
Just my own biased opinion (of course, because I have a Newf), I don't understand the fascination with toy breeds. It's like a pet you would have for convenience's sake since you can board them on a plane, walk them more easily, put them on your lap, put clothes on them and all that cutesy stuff. But they just don't 'look' or 'act' like a dog should.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline Moore1125

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 01:02:40 am »
Ok...this will be a long post...don't kill me...Please, I hear all of you about the toy breeds..yes, I am biased:) but I don't get it. All some of those little dogs did was jump and be annoying! I will have to tell all of you that two of the judges came up to me at the end of taping and whispered that he was too big....now, my husband and our breeder and her husband were there with me..they were with the production crew the whole time. When they were announcing the winner, apparently a few came up to them and said that there was a battle with the producer. Pretty much everyone wanted Rudder to win, but there was a concern that he wouldn't look like a puppy in a month for the finale taping and that they didn't know how to get him out to LA for taping (booked flights for toy dogs to go under the seats)...also we learned that black dogs don't film well on general television style taping...WHATE VER! Hey, he was and is #1 in our eyes:) He totally capitivated everyone that day. I think it was a great day for newfs...people got to see that large breeds are so much more cuddly and friendly than nippy, yippy dogs!

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 02:43:44 pm »
Ok well that just doesn't make sense. Seeing as Oprah changed things in her studio to make her dark complection look better, she commented about her own looks on tv, why would it be so difficult for a black dog to be seen. I think they would stand out. I have to play with my camera to get Joker to look good for photos.

And about "yappy" dogs not acting like dogs, If you don't give them the chance then ofcourse they will be a lump. But my Little Yorkie runs circles around Joker and leads a real dog life. Eventually I want him to be a well trained dog. I want him to help with rehab in the hospital and I also want to get him into agility. SAR would be a dream since there is nothing here for me to get him into.
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

Offline Moore1125

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 02:41:06 am »
I hope I didn't offend anyone with my little dog comment. It was not intended that way. During the taping that day, most of the small breed dogs were out of control and it bothered me. I already had spent tons of time training Rudder to behave because people are afraid of big dogs and if he wasn't behaved, he could do some damage! The owners all thought it was so cute when they let their dogs go as far as they can on those retractable leashes and had no control. At one point there was a lady with a small dog that was tormenting Rudder...I tried to shoo it away and the dog grabbed my pant leg. I find that horrible! but everyone was laughing saying what a tough guy etc.  Hey, I love ALL animals big and small...As far as the show goes, it was all about people realizing that eventhough Rudder was HUGE, he was still a cuddly puppy

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 02:20:52 am »
I know what you mean about the little dogs.  I love ALL dogs, but I will NEVER own a small dog.  I have met very few small dog that wasn't a nippy, yappy maniac.  Don't get me wrong, I have seen small dogs that were well-behaved but never spent good deal of time with them.  The smallest dog I have ever owned is a Siberian Husky.  I guess I'm just the type of person who wants a dog for more than just companionship or decoration.  I was never a girly-girl and will never be one of those people who carries my dog as the latest fashion accessory.

As for that dumb show, that's being discriminatory!  Poor Rudder!  I hate that people think that just because a dog is big it's not a "puppy".  My family did the same thing this weekend.  We had a get-together and I brought Sierra.  My dad's dog is a small 15 yr old mutt.  My dog is 5 months old.  They kept referring to Dad's dog as the puppy and mine as the dog.  I jokingly said to my uncle she's just a puppy and he said once they get that big they're not puppies anymore.  What a stupid comment!  I guess to him, size determines puppyhood rather than age.

Poor Rudder got shafted...he should have won!
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 05:46:47 am »
i wish i could've seen him on tv, i dont get that channel. would it be possible to post a section of it on the internet?
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Moore1125

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 01:01:53 am »
Someone actually posted a video of Rudder from the TV show on youtube....I swear it wasn't me! I am not that computer savy!
But here is the link to the video...this was when the puppies were narrowed down to 10 and they had to show their playful side....let me know if this works for you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bQH_X4DnyA

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 04:23:03 am »
That is so awesome! Rudder looked intent on catching the host. And the host has probably never been chased by a dog that big!
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 08:08:30 am »
thanks! yes youtube worked. rudder was definatly cheated out of first place, he's a looker big time!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2007, 11:28:01 am »
I just got the chance to look a the footage on youtube.  I love how fluffy he is!!  How old is he anyway?
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer