Author Topic: A personal challange  (Read 4443 times)

lins_saving_grace

A personal challange
« on: June 10, 2007, 09:35:36 am »
Thought for the day:

When someone tells you: "Lin, you need a little sun.  You're white as a sheet."  Do not I REPEAT DO NOT take this as a personal challange to change your skin color from white to tan in one day.  Warning...you will get burned.
I have racoon eyes and i can't walk.  the rest of me is just as bright since i had the foresight to put on a tank top and expose my tummy and as much of my legs as possible. 

mama23+pyrs2

Re: A personal challange
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 09:39:30 am »
Oh no!!!!! Sunburns are the worst!!!! Lots of aloe I guess!! Do you always burn? Or just cause you haven't been out in awhile..ouchy. Feel better! I'm whiter than white too but it's just gonna have to stay that way. :P

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 09:47:41 am »
oh yes.  i burn all the time.  i figured while Rob was out in the hay fields and i was left unattended i would park my behind into my band new chaise lounge chair and "tan" just to get the burn part over with and to give myself a head start on catching up to him and his bronzeness.  :)  this was a brilliant decision on my part!!!  i have some of that after burn stuff.  but the bending and walking is a major problem right now.  i got in a cold tub only to find out how to boil water without the use of electricity
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 09:49:15 am by Lin »

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 09:53:06 am »
Owwwwwww!  I've been that sunburned a time or two and it's miserable.  Now I just "embrace" my paleness.  LOL  ;D  I know that you want to catch up with Rob's bronzeness, but there is something to be said for the dark/light contrast, too.   ;)  :D  Oh, and it doesn't hurt, either!   ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 09:59:19 am »
Heehehehehe!  Really I'm not laughing at you but with you.  I'm red hair and super fair complected so you can see a problem with me and the sun.  I have a farmer's tan from working in the zoo field but the only thing that tans on me is my forearms.  So right now because I rolled up my sleeves over my shoulders and spent only about an hour and a half outside I'm burned on the tops of my shoulders and upper arms.  I look lovely.  The sad part is I burn and peel back to the original white that I was before and I sometimes forget that I don't really like the pain.  I've been where you are right now and it's never fun.  Very gentle big hug that you feel better soon.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline happiday

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All I ever do is SMILE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 11:53:46 am »
"embrace my paleness"   HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Oh, Lin, I hope you feel better soon.
Tanning is overrated!  ;-)
Salli, Annie's mama!

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 08:26:20 pm »
Wow!  I thought I was pink today!  I got nothin' on you girl!  Hope it fades soon!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 08:35:19 pm »
well at least i can boil water without turning on the stove.  I got in the tub last night in cold water.  it was nice...but as soon as you get out you warm right back up and so did the water.  it'll go away in a few days.  for now i walk a little slower and try not to let my arms or legs rub against any other parts.  I'm an IDIOT 

Nicole

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 09:36:25 pm »
awwwwww! Poor Lin! You look OUCHIE! I hope you feel better soon, honey.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 09:39:27 pm »
Oh Lin - every time I look at your "glowing" pic, I so feel your pain! Hang in there, girl - just think, in a couple days you will shed your skin like a snake just in time to start all over this weekend.... with suncreen - lots and lots of sunscreen!  ;D

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 10:53:26 pm »
I'm lucky i didn't get that bottle of baby oil for quick tanning then !!!

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 01:38:19 am »
I feel your pain!!  I've resigned myself to the fact that the color that most people have by May I won't have until Sept-Oct.  and I'm fine with that!!  Two years ago went to the beach for literally 2 1/2 hours had my 30SPF on, the whole nine.  I glowed like you....not a good way to learn that your sunscreen isn't any good!!  I literally couldn't wear clothes for like three days!!  So I too have embraced my paleness!

Hope you're feeling better soon!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 06:14:17 am »
Owie Lin! If you were going for the "hot" look, you won!How long were you in the sun for young lady?!!
I hope that burn feels a bit better today!
Now you go out and buy some real good sunscreen and a sun hat! That's an order!
i was onlhy out for about 2 1/2 hours.  Rob better never challange me to get less florescent again.  6 of one 1/2 a dozen of another...he teases me cuz i'm too light...then because i'm too red.  that's what happens when i'm left unattended. 

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 07:54:32 pm »
Occasionally I forget how long I am out in the sun and suffer from the burn as well, not fun. Thankfully every day will be better than the day before and maybe by this weekend the heat will be out of it. Lets hope that you dont start peeling though- then you have splotched skin of different colors... sorry to have had that thought- just been there, done that.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 08:00:43 pm »
Occasionally I forget how long I am out in the sun and suffer from the burn as well, not fun. Thankfully every day will be better than the day before and maybe by this weekend the heat will be out of it. Lets hope that you dont start peeling though- then you have splotched skin of different colors... sorry to have had that thought- just been there, done that.
it's getting better.  :)  my face is peeling...that's it so far.  it's easier to walk today but my tummy still hurts.  :(  oh i didn't just forget to time it...i fell asleep.  :)