Author Topic: Update on Prayer Request for Cooper  (Read 3032 times)

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
Update on Prayer Request for Cooper
« on: June 11, 2007, 12:08:42 pm »
This was much awaited for news,the update I got this morning was grim but no one is giving up,Miracles happen and I have seen (or at least heard) on this group,

All your good vibes and prayers have held up this family and I thank you so much for including them.
They will just have to join us once this is all over and Cooper is home and healing.

here is the lastest update
Tricia and the fur kids

We were able to stay with Coopie in the Dr's office for almost 3 hours.  That man is truly one in a million and such a blessing for Coop and our family.

There is NO HOLE in the esophogus (thank GOD)....Dr Bookbinder went next door to the Vet's office to borrow some barium (he couldn't wait for his to be delivered tomorrow).  There is no hole, there is soreness and it is not as bad as he had thought it might be from 10+ days of vomiting.

Coop is about 72 pounds or has lost all his chubbiness.  His coat is normal (it had felt hard when we were with him last).  His eyes are bloodshot to make us want to cry but, we didn't , its the meds and him being tired from this last invasive test.

They went the xtra miles to bring in blankets for him to lie on, and two large soft towels for us to cover him with (air conditioning on and a tad cold) he perked up when he got his pillows...it was so cute to see his bunny nose going on my pillow we both held close for him to have our scent with him----it was under his stomach for his under his head.  Jean and I lay on the floor with him---like an "Oreo cookie" as my ENT said about my grandchildren on my bed when I was back in the room from cancer surgery.   He got the stroking and kisses and touch he loved to sleep like a baby between us.  The Dr stuck his head in the door after about an hour to tell us we've been watched by him and the staff to get their "treat" too---they all love Coop and were pulling for him with us.  The Doctor said faith is in control of this situation and he is right on that too.  Neither of our teens could get out of practice (Mark has a game tomorrow and Marisa is in training which means a 3mile run everyday after school and on Saturdays for Field Hockey)  The good Dr said it was probably another good move for Coop who only had the women in his life to focus on and be pampered by :)

When the Dr explained things to us it became a lot easier for Jean and I who were hammering ourselves with coulda, woulda, shoulda and what did we miss.  This is one of those no warning things that simply happens for no logical explanation or reason.  We did our part, Coop did his and he was doing his for everything that could be done and MORE there for our boy to heal and get through this.   He is a fighter too!!! His love for us and home is so strong he is giving this thing that invaded his body a run for it's money and winning.  Coop is ahead of it!!!

There is HOPE.....and it's not going to be LOST because he is part of the team with us and he's doing what he has to do along with us.  The hospital is not going to stop doing everything it knows how and more to see him on the wall of "stars" who are now fine enjoying their lives and their families. This doctor has repaired dogs Hearts, removed a cancerous leg and helped that dog learn to run and play with one less, he has saved cats with rods in their bodies and the one in his office who was abandoned in an empty house w/out food, water, etc to be at deaths door---he now is the feline RN who visits all the other animals daily---he came in to check Coop while we were there nose to nose.

We all know the biopsy report is the biggest thing in front of us (should have it by weeks end) he and the staff are praying with us he's cancer free. BUT...if he's not there's still hope and he'll get the best ONC/chemo to give him added life. They won't look to cure the cancer just to put him in remission  (we cancer surviviors know that one and that's a good thing too).  He may have lympomatic cancer.....not the best kind to have but not the worse either.

They brought in a soupy mix with meat, veggies and vitamins (spoon) for us to see if we might get him to eat.  We put a little on our fingers to get 'no thanks i'd rather not too'.  They said this is normal for what he's had today..he's still a little out of things and not up to trying to do a swallow just yet.  They'll keep up their part to see if they can coax him (so far as of 11:20 he is still not interested but did perk up when asked if he'd like to go out)--he's enjoying his pillows and has napped really long and well which they are really happy about.  REST is Healing and he is resting well.

For now we've got that HOPE to control us and help us, thank GOD.  Jean has to be in Albany in the morning for a managers meeting---she'll be home after seven.  She has to drive since there is no one else from here participating. ...we are sending our energy, good thoughts and love to Coop to make it up on WED.

As many of you know, I received my nursery school thur grammar school education with the good Sisters of St Francis who are teachers and nurses/running many of our largest hospitals. When I was praying this morning, I got a nudge or poke which sent me online to the good Sisters of St Francis search.  Because they are Franciscan's, they live the same as did St. Francis and St Claire who founded their order.  Cooper is being prayed for by another 26 convents/hospitals/missions and those wonderful Sisters (many of them got back to tell me for the next 30 days).  In a matter of hours his future was not so bleak for all the prayers and good thoughts you all have taken the time to give our flashy fawn beautiful Boxer boy.  We think he is another small miracle who just might be cancer-free and home sooner than any of us thought.  Thank YOU all for giving and caring so much--we'd never have made it this far without you.

Tonight we both were able to catch up on the sleep we haven't had to know personally how much peace of mind does to get us through the worse of times.  Will let you know as we get our reports and visits with Coop.  God Bless you all. Elaine and family

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Update on Prayer Request for Cooper
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 12:26:28 pm »
I'm so glad they got to go lay with him and he's resting!!!!  Praying for a cancer free report and will keep checking for updates!!!

Hang in there Coop!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 03:11:25 pm »
Thanks for the update.  It's so clear that Cooper is a very, very loved guy.  I'm glad that he is getting so much love and care from both his family & the vet and it's wonderful that the family is getting so much support from others.  I'm hoping for good news from all of his tests.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 07:38:28 pm »
cooper is so lucky to have such a loving family!  I will keep your baby in our prayers!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 09:12:16 pm »
I have been thinking about Cooper - thanks for the update Tricia. He sure is a fighter and so loved! Sending tons of healing energy and positive vibes to Coop and his family!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 09:13:12 pm by EllieAndBlu »