Author Topic: Peytons new food!  (Read 3255 times)

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Peytons new food!
« on: June 11, 2007, 10:07:51 pm »
Well most of you know now, that Peyton got new food on Friday. She loves it! She eats it slower now and...she is not growling anymore when she eats. She would growl even if we were not near her and in the other room! But now her tail is a waggin when she eats and we pet her and scratch her ears and she even leaves a couple of nuggets for later (I mean a couple...like 4 or 5). Her poops are more "healthy" looking as well. They are more stinky unfortunately but to me that means that she is getting more nutrients in her. YUK! I mean...GREAT!

While I got new food, I also got her a new harness. Her pink one was rubbing her raw under her "armpits" and so a bigger one wouldn't rub her like that. I got her a "small" one and it fit her rib cage area but was too big for her neck. I was gonna return it the next day but forgot and I left it on her over night and she was fine with it. Didn't chew it at all. We went for a walk after I got home from work and all was fine. But when I took her back out (about 2 hours later) for another walk...it snapped and she was running down the street to go see her "friends". Thankfully she realized I wasn't with her and she looked back and stopped and sat down and was crying until I was about 2 feet from her and she did the same thing, ran, looked, stopped, cried, ran, looked, stopped, cried...so at least she understands that it is a good thing that I am near her always!

So yesterday after our very SHORT walk, I ran to the store and just a collar until she has grown about an inch more around the neck (thats how much bigger it was for her!...just an inch!~)

Oh oh oh, we are teaching her "roll". I wanted to teach her things that would possibly save herself from something. But Darrin wanted to see if she could do it...

So he was working with her. She only rolls on her back, she can't get back onto the other side yet...but she does it! Only when she is gonna get fed though. She sits, lays down and then shows us her tummy (WITHOUT COMMAND!) when she is gonna get fed. She is a character!!! Oh I wish I could get a pic of her doing it!
Your house isn't a home until you have made a bed for a dog.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Peytons new food!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 09:28:34 am »
Congratulation s! It sounds like success with the new food. And I too wish we could see her do the "roll".
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline happiday

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All I ever do is SMILE!
    • View Profile
Re: Peytons new food!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 11:23:33 am »
Pics, ok.  But we need a VIDEO!
Salli, Annie's mama!

Offline Duramax