Author Topic: Great Cooper UPDATE  (Read 2762 times)

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
Great Cooper UPDATE
« on: June 13, 2007, 01:26:52 pm »
I just got this and everyone is actually breathing.
Thank you all YOU have made a Great difference in this family's life,not to mention Cooper's
Tricia and the fur kids

This afternoon we were greeted by the "Normal" Cooper!!!!!  He was his usual kissing self...he walked around....he whined to go outside....he sat on my lap....he lie down with us....he hungered for and got much touch, rubbing, massaging and lots of love. This is the best he looked in the last 2 weeks for which we Praise God, thank Jesus most Sacred Heart, the intercession of Our Lady of Lourdes, St Francis of Assisi, St Raphael (the Archangel and medicine of God), St Claire, St Anthony and every prayer partner (all of you) who have sent him those good thoughts that helped keep him fighting, strong and improving.

Dr. Bookbinder spent a while with us and Cooper of course was in his lap with kisses and just wagging that nubby 50mph...they are friends for life!  He told us he was really worried about Coop and felt he had to do something drastic to get him better because he refused to put him down! He did a lab test of the pancreas and it was NORMAL......th at gave him the incentive to try something both dangerous and maybe just what he needed----steroids/cortizone shots (sorry I'm terrible at medical terms as you now know).   All we could say was, "Praise God it worked!"   There was a real party of cheering, applauding, hugging and everyone kissing Coop who loved it all.  He hadn't by that time (4) reguritated only about a size of a quarter!!!!  As that wonderful Dr. said, Cooper has to go home not any other place! He said he is now focused on  Coopie having Crohns Disease not any cancer because it can be treated with cortizone that will allow an animal to live a normal and healthy life with the medication.  Don't have to tell you we are praying for that favor for Coop---the results of the biospy should be here on Friday

I asked him what do we feel him when he's well enough to eat and keep it down?  He showed us how he would have to be fed (paws up and an elevation for his dish about shoulder height of us sitting in the chair to feed him that way. it would enable him to swallow and straight to his stomach with both greater ease and less discomfort to our boy. he even drew a diagram that Dusty w/use to build the Coopie feeder.  I was so worried about what will he eat, do we blend it or get/give him special food? He explained it'll be baby food consistency for a while then like a lightbulb or click, "lets have you try to feed him some of the soft food he'll need to eat."

Jean sat in the chair w/towel in her lap to give him an easier way to stay and held the dish w/about 1/2 large can of dog food....well we didn't have to coax him...HE ATE and ATE and ATE with real gusto to finish it.  there was still a little he didn't get for Jean to put it on her finger...he finished that for me to take the bowl to the sink to wash...him right behind me.  I got a couple fingers of the smidge left and he wanted MORE.  as I was washing the dish, he did a Paws up looking for more.  Another celebration with the staff now joining in the cheers and relief.  He will eat again at midnight....th ey think/pray it'll be as successful as this afternoon and nothing coming back.  If he does this tomorrow w/no problem, he'll be home late Fri or midday Sat at the latest.  He'll have to continue on the  routine of much sleep/resting to allow his body to fully heal. No walks for a while and no excitement (we'll try Sash w/him and keep them separated if he is truly his Normal Self to want to boxer play)

Dr. Bookbinder told us there was HOPE.....we had that to get a miracle.  the POWER of PRAYER has once again been what nothing known to man alone could ever accomplish without it!  We are simply more elated and joyful than we could have hoped for to see that sweet boxer boy on his way to good health and the happiness he enjoyed/gave us all.  The care he has rec'd at the Upstate Veterinary Surgical Center  has been more than some people receive in a hospital.  Dr Bookbinder and his entire staff love what they are doing as much as the animals they are treating and brought back to health.  It is worth the ride and definitely worth every penny it will cost. We sincerely hope every animal who has responded to Cooper can receive as good as he's had.

Please say one with us that Coop will have treatable Crohn's Disease (not need Chemo have cancer).  Thank you so much and God Bless you all.   Elaine and family

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Great Cooper UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 03:02:39 pm »
Awwww, that's wonderful that he's so happy, perky and yahoo!!!  EATING!  We're still hoping & praying for the best news on Friday and that Cooper is able to go home soon.  I'm so happy for Elaine, Cooper & family!  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 08:16:23 am »
That is just wonderful news!!!  :)  I can't wait to see the homecoming pics!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 10:12:19 am »
That is AWESOME!!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix