Author Topic: NDR - MRI  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
NDR - MRI
« on: June 13, 2007, 09:59:39 pm »
I was wondering if anybody here has had a full body MRI? Don't worry nothing serious, they just want to check out some joints in my back (I have JRA). I've had partial, but never a full body, and I was wondering if it's really claustrophobic, because that's what I've heard. Just in case it is, I've already ticked the "Yes I need a sedative" box :D

Caitlin
Caitlin

Remy - German Shepherd (7 mths)
Copper - Shetland Sheepdog (14 yrs)
Birch - Lizard (Mali Uromastyx)

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: NDR - MRI
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 10:28:17 pm »
Thank you. JRA sucks, as does the Fibromyalgia. The only good thing is that if I didn't have them, I wouldn't have Remy, and nothing beats the greeting committee in the morning, tail wagging, bum and all ;D Reading all the funny posts helps too. 

I have no clue what the facility will be like, so that shall be a mystery. And as for the boredom, well I think the sedative will help with that too ;D I just remember the noise! It sounded a bit like techno music to me. hehehe
Caitlin

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 10:53:04 pm »
I'm sorry about to Lupus, I feel for you. I totally agree about the pets, it would to so much harder without them. I always say, "pet the puppy, love the puppy, they puppy makes it better" and he really does. I would have to say the firbo is the greater evil. It's like trying to pin down a ghost.
Caitlin

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 05:35:10 am »
I don't know about the full body ones, but I had a shoulder MRI recently and I was pretty nervous about feeling enclosed.  It worked out fine though (w/o sedatives) 'cause I just imagined that I was laying on the sofa with Cassie the snuggly, cuddly Pyr laying on top of me.  She loves to do that.  It worked pretty well as long as I kept my eyes closed.  LOL

I'm sorry that you're dealing with JRA & Fibromyalgia.  My closest friend has Fibromyalgia and I know that she has a tough time with it.  Take care.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 07:34:31 am »
Thanks for the support every one. And the advice. I think the hardest part will be laying still, in one place for a long time, I get really sore if I don't move around. I will definitely imagine cuddling with my Remy, that'll be good :) I try not to let the firbo and JRA get to me, I feel if I do, then I've lost the battle, and I'm just to stubborn to do that ;D
Caitlin