Author Topic: A Late Intro  (Read 7896 times)

Offline Edwpang

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
A Late Intro
« on: June 14, 2007, 12:25:08 am »
Hello everyone, I am Edward, born in Dog year; immigrated from China to Toronto, Canada 6 years ago. Currently Owned by Butter II(goldendoodle) who is now a lovely 5 1/2 months boy. Before I got Butter II, we had our first dog, Butter I briefly for 2 months, a very sensitive and strong 1 year old Lab mix.  He is now rehomed and lives happily with his new family... I may talk about Butter I's story in another some day.

I got to know BPO while researching dog food a month ago, among the first posts I read was:
* Holly's Dog Food Dissertation
http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,9742.0.html
* Whole Dog Journal up-dated dry dog food ratings
http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,7435.0.html

From reading these posts, I began to know which food is pure garbage(Purina ...), which is a little better than garbage: Iams..., which is good food: Innova, Orijen, Canidae,....
There are also some other great posts. Through all these posts, it opened a whole new world for me. Thank you all.

Offline DoDadsandDanes

• Ankle Biter
  • every time a bell rings, an angels gets its wings
    • View Profile
    • MySpace.com/dodadsandchotskiestuff
Re: A Late Intro
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 12:50:51 am »
Hey Ed
Better late than never..Im also new to BPO
I am the lucky mom to 2 fur-babies Maggie 11mo Dane and Faye 3mo Dane) and 7 skin-kids (who are all the chopping block today for various reasons)
Welcome aboard..lots to read up on here..
Lisa
Maggie 11 mo Dane
Faye 3 mo Dane
Disclaimer: If this post includes anything resembling advice, please note that it most likely has been borrowed from someone more knowledgeable than myself..

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 01:41:31 am »
Welcome Edward! BPO is so addicting it's hard to believe, I know I've caught the fever, I'm sure you will too! :)
Caitlin

Remy - German Shepherd (7 mths)
Copper - Shetland Sheepdog (14 yrs)
Birch - Lizard (Mali Uromastyx)

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 04:44:03 am »
Hi and welcome.  I'm Misty and mom to Gracie, 1 year old female English Mastiff, Rosco 16 week old male Rott/GSD mix and Linus, the ultimate big paw, 5 year old cat.  He's the boss of our house really.  Stick around and you'll find a TON of helpful, informative and very useful information.  Not to mention you'll meet a lot of really great people and dogs. Glad you made it and can't wait to see pictures of your pooch. 
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline Edwpang

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 06:12:34 am »
Thank you all for the warm welcome. For sure, I enjoy the BPO. I check BPO everyday for new posts.

As for pictures of butter II, I have posted some in the following post.
 http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,17707.0.html

I'll post more later on.

Offline Edwpang

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 11:49:07 am »
Some pictures of Butter II from 12 weeks to 4 months.

Offline Edwpang

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 11:51:19 am »
Butter II @ 5 months

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 11:54:58 am »
Butter II is cute! She is absolutely adorable. I have to admit, though: The stuffed dog threw me off for a second. I thought I was looking at two dogs.  :)