Author Topic: the guilt The Guilt THE GUILT!  (Read 5106 times)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
the guilt The Guilt THE GUILT!
« on: June 23, 2007, 09:16:22 am »
My new big paw, Koji (aussie/berner), is 13 weeks old tomorrow. In two weeks, our family is going on our annual vacation to the San Francisco Bay area, and Koji is off to the kennel with sister Tani (aussie/boxer). He'll be just 15 weeks old then. He's just getting the hang of crate training, potty training and family life. I am so sad and afraid that he'll forget everything he's learned! He'll forget us, and he'll be sad that we abandonded him and he'll cry himself to sleep every night and wonder what he did wrong! Oh, the guilt is killing me! If I attached my picture right, you can look into his big brown eyes for yourself and feel my pain. :'(
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 09:26:04 am by Ali »
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: the guilt The Guilt THE GUILT!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 10:08:10 am »
Ack - How can you leave that face??  What a cutie!!

I always feel guilty leaving Harley he always does fine; comes home tired from all the whining he does but he does fine and I'm sure your babies will be too!

Have a great time!!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 10:10:13 am »
Shoot I feel guilty leaving mine to go to work.  I'm sure he'll be just fine especially since his sister will be with him.   
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Anakalia

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 12:26:45 pm »
I know exactly how ya feel!  I always feel sooo bad when I have to leave my guys for just a few hours! lol  They'll be fine and they're always so happy to see you when you get back!

Saint Butterfly

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 08:40:28 pm »
LoL Jen- Great Picture!

You will have to let me know how your Pup is when you get back. I will also be leaving my Pup in a few weeks for a vacation, and she will be 15 weeks also, she to will be with my Big Dog Butterfly. I feel the same way.. Just starting to get her trained, and now i am leaving her.. I do feel good about her being with Butterfly though, because she will still feel like part of the Family is still with her.. I actually feel worse for Butterfly, because she may think we abandoned her, and left her with the "Annoying little Pup". LOL

I think they will be fine though.

Have Fun!

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 05:45:20 am »
 just make certain that the place you're leaving him in will take good care of him. he'll be ok if it's a good kennel. just leave instructions for the keepers.
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

k2campbell

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 12:28:12 am »
Ha ha ha - who could forget Keagan partying it up like that - CLASSIC!!! :D :D :D

Firstly, Koji is ADORABLE!!! ;D I don't know how you could get anything done with those brown eyes lookin' up at ya! ;)

I understand your concern, but I think Koji will be just fine (especially with his sister there with him). We haven't yet had to leave Kate at a kennel (we had it all planned out to last summer but had to cancel our vacation). But I know when we do, I'll be a mess! I think it's actually a good thing at Koji's age though, if he gets familiar with it now it should only be easier down the road! ;)

You go and have a good vacation (and if it will help ease your mind) I'd ask the kennel if you can call everyday to see how he's doing. If it's not a big deal to them (and will make you feel better) it's so worth it! ;D