Author Topic: The Zoey Saga continues  (Read 2563 times)

bigdogs@5501

The Zoey Saga continues
« on: June 15, 2007, 11:43:51 pm »
She had to have another surgery yesterday on both back legs- one leg now has a drain inserted and is in a total leg splint, the foot on the other leg had to be cleaned out and restitched. There was no way that she was going to be able to walk with both legs splinted or casted so the bad foot now has a leather type boot and the dressing has to be changed out 2 times a day. She refused to get up and try to walk until about 10:30 last nite, but she was able to hobble out doors this morning for a few minutes. The biggest challenge is that she cant not get back up the steps by herself- so we have to help her, and she is heavy.
My daughter is scheduled for knee surgery again on tuesday ( same knee that was operated on in April ) so she will be home for the next two weeks and I figure that the dog and the daughter can recouperate together. At least I wont have to be loading Zoey up every morning to take her to a sitter- so that will be nice.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: The Zoey Saga continues
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 04:07:02 am »
Oh dear, it's definately been a tough week or two for your family.  Here's hoping that Zoey's wounds drain well and start healing fast and that your daughter's 2nd surgery goes well, so everyone is feeling good & back on their feet very soon! 
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: The Zoey Saga continues
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 04:16:36 am »
Poor Zoey and your daughter.  Lots of big hugs and wishes to a speedy recovery for them both. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience