Author Topic: Message from Cooper's MOM  (Read 4895 times)

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
Message from Cooper's MOM
« on: June 17, 2007, 02:11:16 pm »
Hi all,Elaine and family have asked me to pass along a message to all of you that have been so supportive and of such great help to her during this trying time.

She has also contacted BPO because she remembers joining at some point but can't remember her ID or PW until she gets her barrings and right now all her focus is on Cooper I told her I would be happy to pass along her message as well as pictures of Cooper/
Thank you all for all your support to my friend,it has really made a different and you all deserve an extra treat.
Tricia and the fur kids

Cooper came home on Friday morning (Thank God).  He's 12 pounds lighter and will have to be on multi medications/Rx dog food and limited water for quite a while.  He was rather shy when we first got here--- not unusual for being away for 15 days.  He was quite happy to be invited on my bed and given two "bed" pillows (not the toss pillows he seemed to attach himself to).

Saturday the Doctor called with the "GREAT NEWS----NO CANCER".   That was weighing heavy on everyone's mind so much that our wonderful Vet who is definitely one of the Angels who are here with us took a chance to give him steroids when the pancreas tests came up normal.  Without them he couldn't eat or even keep down water; he was vomiting on an empty stomach for the last 17 days.  Seeing him so sick was the most heartbreaking time for us all..he was so dry he couldn't even give his normal 'kisses'.

From the bottom of our heart, Thank You to everyone at Big Paws who kept Cooper and his family in your "good thoughts, good energy and Prayers".   Don't honestly know anything about much anymore as my mind is still locked on my little buddy Cooper and not working f/t just yet but, I do know that the POWER of PRAYER is what brought Cooper out of those really serious and life threatening times.  Without the Prayers of so many he might not be here and we would be in shambles for our loss.

Every day he is doing better and more like himself.  He is really quite a fighter and definitely a 'Champion' and our "hero".  Enclosed are a few pic's for you to all see that Flashy Fawn Boxer boy you helped put on the road to recovery.  God Bless you  all for your kindness and your support, it is sincerely appreciated by Cooper and his family.      Hugs to all, Elaine, Cooper and family

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Message from Cooper's MOM
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 08:47:27 pm »
That's such great news! Go Cooper! You're such a trooper. So do they know what it is that caused his symptoms?
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 11:43:14 pm »
oh good! hopefully a happy ending to all of this then?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 11:43:47 pm by Duramax »
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 04:38:28 am »
That is really great news.  I've been reading the posts and I've been so glad to hear the better news each day.  So glad he's home.
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.