Author Topic: A small rant about the ignorant  (Read 5784 times)

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
A small rant about the ignorant
« on: June 18, 2007, 02:49:15 am »
Phelan and I went to the dog park today, had a swim, walked through the trail and back for a dip. On our return 2 dobermans and a golden joined him in the water. The dobies are both rescues and one is a bit fear aggressive-barks at everything, a little worrisome. So he's playing with them and chases them out of the water and meets a big fluffy German shepard who is walking with a small labX. The owner of the labX starts screaming for her dog to get a way from that dog, I'm thinking the dobie because she's barking, but no she means Phelan. Literally she starts screaming for her dog to get away from him and she doesn't want him to play with THAT dog, but won't go get him because then she would have to go near Phelan. Totally shocked, okay i know that he may be perceived as scary looking  ::) but he's not doing anything, her dog came up to him and they are playing. The dobie is still barking. So I go and grab him, tell her that he's a bullmastiff and not a pit (no offense cause we all know I like them) and she gives me a look. So I told her she was ignorant (not so nicely) and left before I exploded. Seriously do some research my dog was not bred to bite. She was with the Shepherd owner, must know a little about breed ignorance. So mad!!

k2campbell

Re: A small rant about the ignorant
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 03:47:39 am »
Sounds like someone could have used a cup of "shut the f%$# up" to me...what a moron ;)

Why are people so ignorant? Why would someone make a scene like that over nothing? Ergh - people can be so silly! >:( >:( >:(

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 04:15:16 am »
That  would  irratate  me to.. I have  kinda the same problem  when I  tell ppl that  Zeus is a rotti. THey  give me this  look and are  completly ignorant. 
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 05:17:31 am »
Aww poor Phelan just wanted a friend. That's kinda odd seeing as it was obvious they were getting along and he wasn't being agressive or anything. Was he a lot larger than the other dog? Maybe she was just afraid that a big dog would hurt her dog? I don't know, but I know some people get fearful based on size alone, nothing to do with the breed. I think Phelan looks like a sweet goof, especially in your avatar. :P But I also would never mistake him for a Pit Bull.

Better luck next time!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 05:18:37 am by mama2many »

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 05:26:44 am »
poor phelan, to have to be judged like that. self richeous people who know more than all infurriate me, especialy since they never know ANYTHING, im sorry you had to deal with this.
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 06:33:36 am »
Omg, i'd have been so mad. i hate ignorant people. they dont really understand that acting and saying things like that to or infront of the owner really hurts their feelings.
I had jigsaw out and a lady said to me "I hate those dogs" LIKE WHAT THE HECK!?! ya well, they dont like u either lady, get outta here. GEEEZ i hate people sometimes
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 06:38:11 am »
I definately should have offered her a cup ;) No, although he is a bullmastiff he isn't overly large at this point as they don't really fill out until 18-24 months. He's about the size of a lab right now, the two dobes were definately bigger as was the shepherd she was with. He has been attacked twice in the park and i had to go rescue him as he just takes it........very socialized and friendly. So yes, if you don't trust him based on what you perceive him to be, you take your dog out of the park, or keep him on a leash and don't let him play, that i understand, the screaming and ignorance not so much.

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 07:18:30 am »
Omg, i'd have been so mad. i hate ignorant people. they dont really understand that acting and saying things like that to or infront of the owner really hurts their feelings.
I had jigsaw out and a lady said to me "I hate those dogs" LIKE WHAT THE HECK!?! ya well, they dont like u either lady, get outta here. GEEEZ i hate people sometimes
HOW could any body hate a bull terrier, they have the sweetest faces of all!!!!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 09:32:06 am »
haha that's what the stupid lady gets for being a pompus *** about having a great big 'ruffian' in the park with her. i can imagine her just stomping away with all her airs put on, of course she and her dog are better than you and yours....howev er it prabibly did ruin the grand exit when she realised that she left with out her CHILD...
well you know what it works to your advantage as id see it because who would want to share the park with a person like that anyway? i say good riddance!!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 08:46:12 pm »
I bought a sticker for my car that reads..."we have enough young people...how about a fountain of smart" Seems fitting. LOL
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 04:36:00 pm »
I bought a sticker for my car that reads..."we have enough young people...how about a fountain of smart" Seems fitting. LOL

Just found this thread...  I love this bumper sticker!  One of my biggest pet peeves is sheer stupidity.  I work in a customer service call center for my electric company and all the stupid people seem to be routed to my phone.  I am printing out this quote and putting it up in my cube right next to the paper where I have printed "Here's Your Sign...".  Anyone who watches Blue Collar Comedy and comedian Bill Engvall knows about "Here's Your Sign".  Bill believes all stupid people should have a sign proclaiming their stupidity....  Even if you aren't into redneck country stuff like me, Bill Engvall is hilarious!
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 07:10:07 pm »
Ron White and Bill Engvall are the best of the group!  I always try to get tickets to see them but they sell out in  the blink of an eye!

"They call me Tater Salad..."

HAHAHAHAHAHHAH A!!!  LMAO just thinking about it! 

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 08:00:05 pm »
Tina, we have something in common...I grew up in the NYC suburbs, in NJ, where everyone's first car was a BMW that their parents bought and paid for.  I met my redneck, Jeff, online and now I am eating venison and bear meat, I hunt with him and I have developed a deep appreciation for country music.  He's the kind of guy who buys camouflage duct tape on a 12 inch wide roll.  he is the exact opposite of anyone I would have met or even been attracted to, in NJ.  And I wouldn't want it any other way.  I love my redneck just the way he is ;) ;)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 08:43:03 pm by Newly Newfed »

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret