Author Topic: brand new member with some questions  (Read 9130 times)

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: brand new member with some questions
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 03:39:33 am »
What a handsome boy! There's no question that he's a looker!
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2007, 02:04:58 am »
Hello, I too am new to this site. But i will tell you your Pyr is mixed with another sort of dog. He is really cute though. Very sweet face. Have you posted pictures of his litter mates? did you get him from a breeder? I only ask because if you got him from a breeder the breeder would have known he was mixed with another breed. No big deal though if you love him and how can't you. Look at that face.  :o

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2007, 12:07:14 pm »
...once they have your heart it's forever...

That's so true!  I'm sorry that I missed this before, but I wanted to welcome you too, Diego (even if it is very late)!  Your puppy is adorable.  I'm sure that he has a little something extra in his genes besides Pyr, but whatever it is, he couldn't be cuter!   :-*  I'm mom to 3 boys, Daisy our Golden mix, Sammy our Pyr, and Cassie our Pyr with a little something extra, too.   ;)  ;D  We also have two sweet Pyrs at the bridge now, Cara & Halley.  Please continue to post pics of your new furry baby!  He's too cute and I'd love to watch him grow up. 
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2007, 12:10:43 pm »
Hello, I too am new to this site. But i will tell you your Pyr is mixed with another sort of dog. He is really cute though. Very sweet face. Have you posted pictures of his litter mates? did you get him from a breeder? I only ask because if you got him from a breeder the breeder would have known he was mixed with another breed. No big deal though if you love him and how can't you. Look at that face.  :o

Hi AbbyroadPyrs, welcome to BPO!  Please tell us about your puppers!  You'll see my whole menagerie listed in the last post in this thread.  Oh, except that I forgot...we have kitties, too (shhh, don't tell them I forgot to mention them!  ;D).  I'm glad that you found us!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2007, 02:43:00 am »
Okay well I typed out a whole thing and then the thing lost it, grrrrrr. Anyway, ..to sum it up. Yeah, I think your pup is definitely mixed but he is suuuuuuuuuuuuu uure cute! I think it might be a lot easier to tell as time goes on..I think I would be very tempted to find out from the breeder what happened though lol. Just cause I have a curious mind. ;)

Mine were born with double dewclaws and one is considered Badger and the other wolf grey. The female is the badger marked and eventhough her body has lightened and her face to a degree, she still has very defined face markings that I think will stay with her, I hope! My male was super dark as a baby but has faded a ton. I think he may just turn out white. They both have a little body marking too..very light tan at this point. My pups dad was born badger and is now white and their mom was badger and she kept some grey on the ears and that is it. It's anyone's guess if they will fade or stay really. I'll put some picks up so you can see the difference and the change in color..

-my male at 6 wks
-both of them at 8 wks
-my male at 10 wks
-and present..not the best pic but you can see her face marking and how light his is now.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 02:45:03 am by mama2many »

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2007, 08:31:33 pm »
I'm not wondering if he isn't mixed Leonberger. Has the same coloring. Try and find a pic of one and maybe you'll se the resemblance.

Offline Leaf

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • That's My Bunny
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2007, 04:02:24 pm »
My guy has double dew claws, and he has some coloring on him.

It's funny - I've been trying to find a name for him, and Diego was on the top of my list... I love the name, but will keep searching.

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2007, 03:02:57 am »
What a cutie,and you are right about once they have your heart you are a goner.

I agree as he grows up you might be able to tell what the mix is.

And yes yes they can have different Daddies.
Falkor's litter had to have DNA test to show who the Daddy was.Of course both were AKC Collies it was just a question of which one.
As it turned out the whole litter was the Daddy they weren't planning on.But we are hooked .He has his forever home.

So happy that you picked the odd ball as you called him.
You probably got the pick of the litter.

And Pyr breeder or not the owners probably know the dogs in their area and have a pretty good Idea of other daddy's involved.

Keep posting pictures and welcome to the most addictive site on line

Tricia and the fur kids