Author Topic: Kate - The Ultimate "HAM"  (Read 11233 times)

k2campbell

Kate - The Ultimate "HAM"
« on: June 20, 2007, 04:15:50 am »
This is just plain ridiculous. I have never met such a suckie dog in my life. I'm sure some of you have "just as suckie" of dogs as Kate, I just can't believe how lucky we are to have her. She makes us laugh everyday and I couldn't imagine life without her...

Scenario 1 - I was on the computer yesterday afternoon (it's in our basement). I came upstairs, and I couldn't find Kate. She's almost always on "her couch" which is an older fabric couch we have in our front/sitting room. I looked and looked, checked outside (although I didn't think I let her out)... I came back through the living room (which leads to the basement) and "Miss Thang" was in MY SPOT on MY COUCH! Momma has blankets and pillows there for her naps - Kate thought she should take advantage seeing as I was "ignoring her" while I was on the computer. She blended right in to the couch, I walked past twice and didn't notice her. Evidential pictures below...

Scenario 2 - Kate is just IN LOVE with her couch, literally. I think if she could make love to it - she would. Some pics of her and her "true love" below...

We are so lucky to have her!

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Kate - The Ultimate "HAM"
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 04:35:15 am »
Kate looks so comfortable on her couch!!! I feel like I am such a bad mom for not letting my dog on the furniture :-[
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 04:42:06 am »
She looks oh so comfortable!!! I gave up my couch when Butt moved in,after all he is bigger then me,or at least that is what I tell people :D
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 04:49:22 am »
She looks so comfy in your spot! hahahaha I think she knows it's your spot too! ;)
Caitlin

Remy - German Shepherd (7 mths)
Copper - Shetland Sheepdog (14 yrs)
Birch - Lizard (Mali Uromastyx)

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 04:53:11 am »
Now THAT is how you take a nap! She looks like such a pro at it. She definitely has that skill mastered!
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 07:59:52 am »
yes kate is a ham through and through! that's the life. oh! boog said to tell you that he would please like to chew on the little ties hanging from your pillows.
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 08:09:21 am »
Oh I love those pics of her! She is too adorable and snuggly. :-*

The pack and plays get easier to use, it just takes practice. They all seem to be hard to put up and take down the first few times you use them, it's just a matter of getting familiar with how the heck it works. Believe me, I've had many a cursing sesions with a pack and play when I first started to use them. So much so that it kept me from ever wanting to take one anywhere. I finally got the hang of it and now it's a piece of cake. Kinda like the first few times I had to change a crib sheet, now I think I could hold the record in the fastest change lol. We have a Jeep play yard with the changer/bassinet/etc etc..We had it downstairs when we had our son and it was a lifesaver for changes..he refused to sleep in the bassinet but the changer got plenty of use! So did our swing for him. ;D

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 06:02:44 am »
Awww she is such a cutie.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

k2campbell

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 01:15:53 am »
Kate is at it AGAIN!!!

I came upstairs after being on the computer for a bit, and she was AGAIN on MY couch in MY spot. I look like Fred Flinstone right now, my feet and legs are swollen up (it's 82 degrees here) which doesn't help. I am supposed to be keeping my feet up always, to reduce the swelling. So I set up a spot for myself beside MY couch (which Kate has now claimed), on the chair so I could put my feet up on the coffee table...

I got hungry, so ventured upstairs to grab a bowl of cereal. I was gone maybe 2 minutes. I came back to Kate who now took over MY chair! But the kicker - she doesn't EVEN FIT! Look at her leg dangling off the edge ::) ::) ::)

WHAT is going on with this girl? I think she thinks she's funny!!! :D :D :D

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 01:30:55 am »
How spoiled is Kate?  wow!  you are one lucky pupper!

k2campbell

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 01:44:05 am »
Butttt Mooooommmm, the leather is cooler!  LOL

That MUST be it, because it's never happened before these past few days (and it's been HOT) ;)

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 05:37:31 am »
im having the same deal with max at night. Boog cant hold it all night yet so weve been making midnight potty runs outside, and every time i get back inside max the big lummox has stolen my spot. every time! ::)
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline happiday

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All I ever do is SMILE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 06:13:17 am »
Aww, Kate!  I think she knows that something is definitely UP with all that baby gear moved in.  Maybe she's just trying to keep her place in the pack!
Salli, Annie's mama!

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2007, 04:04:06 am »
lol, wow..it sure will be interesting to see how she changes when baby gets there! I'm sure part of her behavior has to do with the changes coming. She sure is too cute.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2007, 04:30:44 am »
Kate is too cute and funny.  She's just trying to remind you that she's the baby.  Kaila does the same thing.  When I get up she takes my place.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience