Author Topic: Allergies or something more serious?  (Read 2765 times)

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Allergies or something more serious?
« on: June 20, 2007, 05:07:46 am »
The last couple weeks, Rosie has been producing more 'sleepies'/eye discharge. Granted she sleeps ALL day, but she seems to be producing more lately. We told the vet her symptoms over the phone and he prescribed us some antibiotic eyedrops without seeing Rosie first. The vet said it's likely allergies, but of course reading online literature suggests so many other eye diseases that could cause the same symptoms. So we've been applying the eye drops and I suppose it's getting a bit better but she still produces enough for us to have to remove them at least twice/three times a day.

Could it really be allergies? Her nose is running a bit more than usual too, so we suppose it could be. Do any of your dogs have allergies and if so, what are their symptoms?
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Allergies or something more serious?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 06:12:15 am »
Sounds like alergies to me, also has she had a bordetella shot lately? They cause that type of symptoms as well.

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 09:13:47 am »
She did get a Bordetella shot back in May. But it's just the last couple weeks that she's had the symptoms.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 09:27:30 am »
I would ask for the vet to see her just in case, it may be something as simple as allergies, but just to make sure