Author Topic: bad hips my ###...bye bye tortilla cheese wrap  (Read 1979 times)

nickerbokker

bad hips my ###...bye bye tortilla cheese wrap
« on: July 17, 2005, 05:53:44 pm »
just made myself a cheese tortilla cheese wrap that i was going to eat on my way in the room to play with the dogs and pack some stuff.....and well....lets just say that if any of it will hurt angus, too bad, we arent going to the vets....i was walking, he jumped, snatched it from my hand, ran and swallowed a tthe same time, and practically took my finger with him.  im leaving it at that.  he is now in his bed, and i think i am gion gto keep him there.  end of story.

jumping to steal food, and jumping over the railing doesn't sound like he is in too much pain.  is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Offline Dexter

• Gnawer
  • Freak Out!
    • View Profile
Re: bad hips my ###...bye bye tortilla cheese wrap
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 06:02:25 pm »
or that tortilla was the best damned tortilla ever made and it was worth the pain.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 06:20:08 pm »
jumping to steal food, and jumping over the railing doesn't sound like he is in too much pain.  is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I ask myself the same thing with Ranger.  He runs and jumps and contorts himself into the strangest positions, and I can't figure out if it is good that it doesn't seem to hurt him, or bad because it SHOULD hurt him and doesn't!
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 06:41:03 pm »
I would be upset about the food stealing since it is deffinately challenging your authority as the alpha dog to steal food right out of your hand. I would see hope in the fact that he can jump, but not too much since the fact that he will jump doesn't mean that it's not going to hurt him later. Some things (like cheese) are just worth the risk of a little aching to them.

Zoey will jump and run when it is convenient. With her I think she might hurt a little when she jumps (she has a hard time with it most of the time) but sees it as a 'no pain no gain' situation. Like when we are at the house and the back of the suv is open, she'll jump right in because she knows we're going somewhere fun, but come time to, say, leave the pet store (which of course she never wants to leave), she magically loses all capability to even put her paws up into the truck. I think she'd jump up and down half a dozen times if she thought it would get her some cheese.
RIP former BPO