Author Topic: depression  (Read 8037 times)

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
depression
« on: June 23, 2007, 02:14:08 am »
I thought I was handling the passing of my Dane Tisha. It has been a week and I was starting to not cry every 5 seconds. last nigt I lost it. I don't know if it finally hit me that she is gone or what. I feel like there is this HUGE hole that keeps getting bigger. I am sick of people saying she was "just" a dog, or she was old...blah blah blah. She was my best buddy, I miss her drooly lips and her big white feet. I have pictures of her everywhere, and even her name tag on my necklace. She was my shadow, whenever I turned around she was there. I have been trying to keep busy and spend lots of time with the other animals and my family, but it is killing me.
pictures of my girl...

« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 02:15:17 am by zchic »
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
Re: depression
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 02:43:04 am »
IM so sorry   Losing a a pet is liking  losinga  family memeber well they are a family memeber. When  are HUsky  died Nikki I  bawled  for months  I couldnt  even  sleep with out hearin her bark outside my window its  really  hard but it will get  better I promice you will allways miss them
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 03:17:08 am »
Some people just don't understand how our babies touch us so deep. I feel bad for them because they will never allow that joy in thier hearts. Everyone grieves differently so if you feel like crying go ahead and do it. Don't let anyone tell you that it should be time to stop grieveing and move on. That will come in your own time -whatever that time period may be. Tishas passing is still very fresh and I am not going to tell you that time heals . Time helps you deal better with the hurt you feel right now. I still have days where I am sad about babies we have lost in the past. She will always be in your heart and no one can change that, you won't ever forget the gifts that she gave to you. Tisha was such a beautiful girl and looked like she had such a gentle soul.
You will survive this loss and become a stonger person and will find strength when you think you don't have any left. Take care of yourself and your family and the rest will come.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 03:19:06 am by Icerotti »

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 03:25:21 am »
she was such a pretty girl. looks like she was a bean pole like my max ;D. who ever said she was just a dog needs a good bop on the head! your bursts of tears are a good thing. she was such an important part of your life that it would be abnormal and unhealthy to get over her passing too fast. grieving for someone precious takes time. and it is a good and healthy thing to do. go ahead and cry for her as much as you want, whenever you want. people heal from losses in different ways. dont try to controll the way your body grieves. if your heart is still hurts terribly dont push it to the back and try to forget about it. you do have a long haul ahead of you. but dont shove it to the back. it's right to miss your best friend. the fact that you feel the way you do now only prooves what a good and strong relationship you 2 had together. you have every right in the world to be sad and upset. and if any one tells you other wise.  :P on them. *hugz*
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 11:11:37 am »
It was a year on Mother's day, and I still cry, and it feels like yesterday sometimes.  I have pics of him all over the house too and sometimes I think that I could never take them down, so far I haven't.  Just a dog.....I had someone tell me that and I replied, "I'm so sorry that your life is obviously so empty."  Grief has its own walk, down it's own path.  Don't try to rush it or it will become a cirlce.  Peace to you.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

angelsmama

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 11:17:08 am »
i completely understand and relate. my dalmatian lived to be 11, i felt like i was going to die.. i sat outaide and held her for about 20 minutes before i was ready to bury her. it does still hurt sometimes, always will im sure and she passed on dec 27th of 2005.

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 11:30:31 am »
I don't know how I will ever be happy on father's day... we were supposed to go canoeing on fathers day and I just couldn't go, I felt like I needed to stay home. Thank god I did or I would have never forgiven myself for not being here when my girl got sick. It still seems like a bad dream. I have this yearning to have a black pup in the house. My hubby says it won't be the same, and I know that. No dog will ever take her place, but I feel like there should be another black dane with white paws running around. There is plenty of time to make that decision though I guess. Thanks everyone for you kind words.I don't feel quite so alone.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

angelsmama

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 11:52:08 am »
and i too wear my old girls name tag on a necklace

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 01:56:55 am »
I am sorry that you are in so much pain.  It is a tribute to how you love and were loved by Tisha.  I was sure I didn't want another animal after my Stoli died I didn't think I could go thru the pain again.  She lived a great life and very healthy until she hit 12 1/2 and then she went quickly.  I really missed the noise, fur, mess and love that a dog gives and got Harley 5 months later.  My hubby wanted another springer but I thought I would compare to much and it would remind me to much of Stoli so we got a flat coated retriever.

I have to say that my father passed away, within one year Stoli passed away and then the 9/11 bombing hit (my father helped build those towers and I had relatives working in and around the towers thankfully they all got out) - I was devastated beyond words and when I had to seek professional advise I was almost ashamed to mention that part of my grief was from stoli passing - my psychologist said to many people believe the pain should be gone quickly and they try to forget or surpress the pain and it builds inside and can cause major issues so it is best to let it out for as long as necessary.

I am sorry this was soooo long. and again I am so sorry for your loss.

Randy & Harley

Saint Butterfly

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 04:42:43 am »
I am so sorry to hear about your Dog Tisha, she was very Beautiful. I am sure she was a one of a kind Dog.

In a few Months my Saint will be having Puppies, and if you are willing to try another Big Paw dog  that is a little bit different from your Tisha then I would love to give you one of her Pups.

Just something for you to think about for a while, But i am very serious.

Kind Regards,
Shell

« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 04:46:39 am by Saint Butterfly »

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 04:47:50 am »
the fact that you would like to have another dog in the house is in no way trying to replace your girl. families with dogs always have dogs. i can agree with you that a house doesnt feel like a home with out a dog as part of the family.
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 04:50:27 am »
First of all one week is not nearly long enough to stop physically grieving over anyone - man or beast - that touched your heart so dearly. It took me several months to get over the death of my dog Oasis. I still get the blues sometimes when I allow myself to think about how much I miss him.

You should be grateful that Tisha touched your life so dearly. She gave you an amazing gift and you gave her one just as beautiful - unconditional love does not come easily or abundantly.

Secondly, if you feel like taking in a new pup to help filling that hole in your heart I can't think of a more wonderful tribute to Tisha than to be able to give another dog - especially a rescue dog - a chance at the same kind of happiness you gave Tisha.  Don't ever think of a new dog as a replacement. We all know that's not possible, but don't let your love for our 4-legged friends and your ability to nurture and give a good home to another dog go to waste.

We're here for you. Be strong, but cry if you need to cry.

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 06:03:01 am »
I am so terribly sorry for your loss...I lost Berkley a year and a half ago and I still have total break downs when I think of him.  Luckily, little by little, I'm also able to think of him more and be able to smile and laugh at his memories.  I understand what you mean about feeling empty...the house felt so weird without his greetings! I, like you, was torn about getting a new pup- I felt that I was somehow betraying him.  But, you know they never wanted to see you upset...  I also have to think that in some strange way, everything happens for a reason.  Now, maybe you'll have the opportunity to bring love into the life of a pup who wouldn't have had it otherwise.  I ended up choosing getting Champ and Winston, my Golden and Newfie, because I eventually want to train them to be therapy dogs and make something positive out of all this pain. Just some thoughts... Hang in there though...we're all thinking of you!

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2007, 07:04:09 am »
Shell: Wow what a kind and generous offer. I love Saints, but I don't think I could handle the hair. My heart has always loved the danes especially the black ones.

You don't know how much your words mean everyone. We still have Thorn our Fawn dane boy, he is 7 1/2, he and Tisha were best buddies, he has been moping around. Usually he is more "daddy's boy" but since Tisha left us he has been hanging around me more. I know he misses her. Then there is miss Morgayne (IW), she is only 5 months, I got her because I was hoping Tisha would be here to help "raise" her...maybe Morgayne would learn from Tisha etc. Anyway I love miss Morgayne, she is a sweet puppy and we all are glad to have her, but I love the black danes with the big white feet. I am thinking maybe next spring we will adopt, that way I don't feel like I am taking anything away from Morgayne as far as attention a pup needs, etc.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2007, 07:33:40 am »
I think that a lot of us have gone thru what you are going thru. It is tough and no its not just a dog. February 2006, I buried my dad on Tuesday and my Tank on Friday, REALLY bad week. On saturday Bailey was featured at being at the shelter on one of our news stations. I wasnt sure that I wanted to go and see if she was there and actually put it off until late in the afternoon. Needless to say-she was there and now she is a huge part of my life. I cant, to this day, look at Tanks pics and not have a moment- so they are all put away. I have a 4 poster bed and his collar with his tags are on the post on my side.
Bailey was a huge distraction, but I dont really think that I was at peace until Tug came into the family. I cant explain, but he finally filled that missing spot. He is a lot like Tank and we accidentally call him Tank too often. I love all of my dogs, unconditionall y, and they know it and all of them are special. Time does help. Talking from experience though, if you really want the Dane with the white feet, I say go for it. I waited over a year before we added Tug to the family and now I think that I should have done it earlier. I tried to stay away from every thing that would remind me of Tank, but in the end, I lost that battle- and I am glad that it was a battle that was lost.

I hope that today is better than yesterday, and dont feel silly, crying is good. There were times after Tank that I had to pull over on the way home because I couldnt drive because I was crying, or I had to leave my desk at work.
It will get easier and you have BPO. So if you need anything from any of us- just ask.