Author Topic: Tracking?  (Read 3096 times)

Offline DogGuideDan

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • The Dog Guide
Tracking?
« on: June 24, 2007, 03:32:29 am »
Hi All,
I am very interested in getting Lucian involved in tracking.  I know he's not the "normal" breed you see involved in this activity, but we don't really care.  I also have ZERO experience with this kind of training, but again- I don't really care!  We want to give it a shot! (We'd love to have a SAR Bordeaux!)  Does anyone have any helpful links, tips or contacts for us?  We're in Philadelphia, PA.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Dan
-Dan
Reef- 6yo APBT
Lucian - Dogue De Bordeaux Puppy
www.dogguide.n et

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Tracking?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 04:54:10 am »
Try looking up NASAR (National Association of Search & Rescue)they might be able to help you with a list of SAR groups in your area.  Or do a local area search for SAR groups on line.  I know the SAR group that Michael is with has a member that has an English Mastiff that they were training in trailing and in air scent.  They also have a beagle that's doing trail work.  I'll ask Michael when he gets home if he knows of anywhere else to look for trailing information for you.  I know that there are some good SAR books out there that deal with trailing also.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience