Author Topic: oh my gosh the entire kitchen carpet is covered  (Read 6142 times)

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
oh my gosh the entire kitchen carpet is covered
« on: June 25, 2007, 05:36:48 am »
so my tummy hasnt been feeling the greatest today. so around noon i was going to lay down and take a nap. but as soon as i closed my eyes a cloud of stink hit me like a punch in the face! of course the dogs. so i walked out into the kitchen. and....never in my life, ever. have i seen. ever.the horror WORSE THAN WINDIGO poor max had an atack of terrible diareah and strung a terribly wavy trail all the way to the back door and proceded to turn around in circles (by the design) not knowing what to do with himself. i felt so bad for him he was mortified. when he saw me he hung his big head down, he was sure he was going to be in big trouble. poor max i love him. i let him know it was ok and put him out in the fenced in part of the yard incase his tummy got upset again.
so! off  i went to rent the rug doctor. i decided to take a break ive gone over the floor once. but the smell is still unbelieveable. im serious i have no clue what kind of bug he could've cought. he was spitting up some food and water last night. happened about 4 times. im pretty sure it's related. but he's his jolly old self otherwise. appetite, active, personality, all normal. so if it doesnt resolve itself soon well be making a trip to the vet.
it realy is a big stress reliever to have a place to vent where other people relate. any way, i gotta go check back into poo doodoo..i mean doody...er duty, wish me luck. if i havent posted by tomorrow. then it got the best of me and i didnt make it out alive....

after my mom heard about the mess i had ahead of me to clean up. she says" bet you wish you didnt have those big dogs now!"   i just smiled and said "na i'd like to get a 4th"
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: oh my gosh the entire kitchen carpet is covered
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 05:50:08 am »
What a good doggy Mom you are!!

I hope you, Max and your floor are in tip top shape ASAP!!

Randy and Harley

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 05:59:29 am »
yup. been there, smelled that, had to clean it up. - more than once, too. You have my sympathies.  Personally, I love Oxyclean!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 06:48:20 am »
Here's your chance to test out the vodka!! Hopefully it doesn't end up smelling worse ;D

k2campbell

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 07:08:55 am »
Oh gosh, I'm sorry to hear this. As Julie has stated, there's nothing worse than a booty blowout!!! ::)

Sometimes club soda can work wonders too  ;) I wish you the best of luck with the clean up and hope poor Max is feeling better soon  :-* You are a good doggy momma!!! ;)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 07:29:19 am »
do you have a steam cleaner?  I love mine!!!
and T is right...rice and ground beef...well drained...afte r a 24 hour fasting is good. 

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 08:27:46 am »
ok ill do the rice and hamburger tomorrow. and i think ill do the vodka tonight...not for the carpet! i swear i should just pull up my carpet and throw it away. it's literaly older than me any way. max hasnt had any more episodes so that makes me happy.
thanx guys for the cleaning advice.
                *just for the record- i hate long carpet*
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

Saint Butterfly

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 09:01:19 am »
Poor Girl, You are such a Doll. You love your Max so much.
To Bad this happened when you were hoping to get some rest, But that is always how it works Huh!. If it is not the Kids, it will be the Dogs. It is always hard for Mama's to get a break. That is what makes us so Tough!

I Hope Max is Ok!

Shell

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 10:07:53 am »
OK, I'm totally cracking up here, and I'm so sorry because I know it is soooo not funny, but I guess it was the way you told the story. Nothing is more rank than doggie diarrhea. My 10 year old greyhound, Niko, has had his share, but I guess fortunately for us he goes into our shower to have his blowout. Easier clean up, but not enough bleach in the world can erase the mental image of it when you're standing in there naked with shampoo on your head! Another potty anecdote - my hubby's ex-wife lives nearby and has two danes. She had just one until I rescued one and gave her to them as well. So her new dane had a bit of a nervous tummy in the back yard just as the resident dane was doing the old "welcome, newcomer, I must sniff your butt" routine. Alas, poor timing - you can figure out the rest. Resident dane got a very nasty suprise, follow by a thorough scrubbing!!! Luckily, it didn't damage the first impression and they are the best of friends now, a year later!!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 10:24:09 am »
OMG!!! I have been there MANY times. When Thorn was younger, we took him to my MIL house. We had dinner and I caught her feeding him several left over baked potato skins, I asked her not to, but she did anyway. Well we drove the 3 hours home and went to bed. I woke up middle of the night to that terrible smell. It was one huge "lake" of diareah with 2 foot of spray around it!!!!! I almost threw up. I had the lights on in the bedroom, cursing and bitching, I used about 2 rolls of paper towels. And My hsband managed to sleep through it!!!! Grrrrr...i was NOT Happy
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 11:34:09 am »
do you have a steam cleaner?  I love mine!!!
and T is right...rice and ground beef...well drained...afte r a 24 hour fasting is good. 

lin and tina:  how many parts hamburger to parts rice? i dont want to mess him up even more by mixing wrong amounts in.
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 12:16:34 pm »
Poor guy and you,it could be nothing and then it could be a sign of something worse.I'd take his temp and if it is over 101 I'd see the vet.

Also vingar and water is a good thing for clean and smells.

Tricia and the fur kids

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 08:48:25 pm »
I read somewhere that a bland diet usually consists of 2 parts rice to 1 part boiled meat (to get rid of the fatty part of the meat).

Sorry to hear about your diarrhea adventures. We've had success using OxyClean super strength (the one that has two canisters attached to the sprayer nozzle) for cleaning out doggie doo from our carpet. It removes the stain and makes the spot smell much better.
Rosie - Newfoundland