Author Topic: Dang Utility Workers !!!!!  (Read 2156 times)

Offline fivestartaylor

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Scooby & Kids
    • View Profile
Dang Utility Workers !!!!!
« on: June 25, 2007, 11:59:05 pm »
So I have this routine in the mornings... 1)crawl out of bed after 4 hours sleep 2)Immediately let the dogs out side to do their thing while I get ready for work 3)change babies diaper and get her a sippy cup 4)try to brush teeth fix hair and hop into my clothes while yelling at dogs to please stop barking at the birds(which is useless cause they don't stop but their so loud they wake up my kids)and 4)run out the door in time to get to work early to uphold my "always early reputation".So at halfway into step three I realize i don't hear the dogs barking anymore and it is TOO quiet to be good.I run out the back door (half dressed and barefoot) to see someone(electric co meter reader)has left my side gate open and dogs are gone!!! I live in the city and people have a fear for big dogs..and then I hear someone scream and instantly I knew where my dogs were... about 2 blocks down terrorizing someone's cat in their yard..(my dogs thought they were gonna get that cat threw the fence apparently.) So with toothbrush in my mouth and robe barely on i drag my 2 back to our yard where I give them the disapproving" you 2 are so bad" look !!Then I felt bad.. go inside and my daughter apparently in all the drama decides she needs more milk and empties the entire gallon on herself and floor...Oh what a morning!!!  Anyone else having a crazy day?
Mom To :

Scooby 18mo. Great Dane
          &
Lucy   7yr old Labrador Retriever

2 Kids & 1 Husband -(might as well be another kid)

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dang Utility Workers !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 12:22:27 am »
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 02:05:47 am »
Well I have to admit I did laugh at your "unfortunate" morning.....so rry ;)  I hope your afternoon turned around for you.

We had to end up putting a lock on our gate and calling in our readings :)

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 02:10:03 am »
OK  sorry but i had to giggle at your morrning as well. I hope  this afternoon is  better  for you
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 02:13:14 am »
I too had a laugh, but with you not at you ;) My sister's cat is staying with me at the moment and that makes the house crazy Remy wants to play! lol so I know the frantic feeling! The gates to my backyard are spring closed for many reason, not letting the dogs out is just a bonus. I hope the rest of you day is better!
Caitlin

Remy - German Shepherd (7 mths)
Copper - Shetland Sheepdog (14 yrs)
Birch - Lizard (Mali Uromastyx)

Offline fivestartaylor

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Scooby & Kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 02:31:38 am »
 I am also laughing now but this morning I am tellin ya I was ready to cry. Where we live people by "pitbulls and drag em around to make everyone scared.We have dog's cause we love them and they are such a huge part of our lives..I just worry that they will get out on day and get attacked by a mean dog or by a mean person for that matter.

But yes... It was pretty funny now that I am at work and not freaking out

I used to pray for the patience to deal with my husband and children... now I pray for the strength to restrain my dogs and the inner peace to not go postal everytime they destroy something - funny how things change huh? :D
Mom To :

Scooby 18mo. Great Dane
          &
Lucy   7yr old Labrador Retriever

2 Kids & 1 Husband -(might as well be another kid)