Author Topic: Winston's face bump??!!??  (Read 8706 times)

DenverFurKiddos

Winston's face bump??!!??
« on: June 27, 2007, 01:52:59 am »
Hi all!  About a week ago, Winston developed this small little bump on his muzzle, where his whiskers are.  Since that time, it's about doubled in size! It's still small....It kinda looks like a little grain of rice is growing out of his nose!! Gross!  Could it be an ingrown hair?? If so, what do I do with it?? 

DenverFurKiddos

Re: Winston's face bump??!!??
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 02:00:36 am »
Yikes! I do have an appointment for him this afternoon, but wanted to get your thoughts first!  I feel like I'm always such a nervous ninny about my dogs...like when I was CONVINCED that Winston had Mange/hypothyroidism/some deathly disease when he started to shed....turned out he was just loosing his puppy fur!!!!!!  LOL!

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 02:23:50 am »
I just googled it and found someone else with the same thing!  Winston's bump looks just like the one in this pic!

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h160/kicker0927/Cashus.jpg

They said it was an ingrown hair.... Whew!

Offline fivestartaylor

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Scooby & Kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 02:41:50 am »
My lab had the exact same thing when she was little and to be honest she still does but we spent ALOT of money when she was a pup to make sure it was nothing bad and it wasn't just a little bump.Im the person who thinks if my dog throws up once its cause the have cancer.. so I have been overly concerned with everything.I feel confident he'll be just fine.
Mom To :

Scooby 18mo. Great Dane
          &
Lucy   7yr old Labrador Retriever

2 Kids & 1 Husband -(might as well be another kid)

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 05:00:49 am »
My danes had bumps like that as puppies...I called it puppy acne. LOL They were little pimples basically, they just went away (Ok I admit it I picked at a few...)
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

DenverFurKiddos

Re: Winston's face bump??!!?? UPDATE!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 10:59:10 am »
UGH!!! You were right! It was a papilloma...be tter known as a wart! It's so gross! It's already gotten bigger... My vet said that he saw one grow to about 1 cm.  He said that it should fall off between 1 and 3 months. Ugh..I'm not sure I can look at it that long! Because it is contagious, I took a look at Champ and he has one IN his mouth!! Totally sick. 

Anyone else experience this???

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 12:09:09 pm »
Did you ask your vet if it could be removed.

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 12:32:00 pm »
Wow I never thought that they could get warts down their throats. I wonder if they have any discomfort because of it? Will it come back after it's fallen off and is it something they have for the rest of their lives?

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 06:35:09 pm »
oh i'm glad that winston's okay!  i'm a nervous ninny too!  about everything!  i can see where a wart would freak you out, but that's good that it will go away on it's own!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 01:46:59 am »
My danes had bumps like that as puppies...I called it puppy acne. LOL They were little pimples basically, they just went away (Ok I admit it I picked at a few...)
haha same here with max
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown