Author Topic: Advice needed - Update  (Read 3365 times)

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Advice needed - Update
« on: June 28, 2007, 03:56:03 am »
I walked out to get the mail and the neighbors Pup (6-8 mth lab/rot mix)was loose and he followed me home.Well he is in the verge of being emaciated(sp) and both his ears are big open sores with flies all over them.I gave him 2 cups of food and he chowed it down and a bowl of water and then called the dog warden.Then I took him 2 more cups of food which he gladly ate and a few toys to play with.I don't want any problems with my neighbors,so should I don't know if I should tell the dog warden I know where he came from or not.My only thought in telling them where he came from is they have another dog too.Advice???
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 04:44:12 am by Butts Mom »
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Advice needed quick
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 04:01:44 am »
More info the other dog is 13-14 cocker.Both dogs are outside only dogs who are chained 24/7/365.There has been a lady down the street coming up twice a day to feed and water the dogs because she doesn't like them being outside all the time.They both do have dogs house to go in.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 04:08:48 am »
I would let the warden know where they came from because no dog deserves that type of treatment- especially an adorable puppy. They clearly are neglecting their dogs and aren't fulfilling their job as dog parents.

By the way, you are a hero in the eyes of the puppy I am sure. Thanks goodness you were around to help fill his belly.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 04:15:31 am »
Poor dogs, I feel so badly for them. I think you should tell the warden, no dog should be treated that way. Even if it causes a little rift between you and your neighbour, you need to do what's best for those dogs.
Caitlin

Remy - German Shepherd (7 mths)
Copper - Shetland Sheepdog (14 yrs)
Birch - Lizard (Mali Uromastyx)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 04:23:17 am »
Tattle tattle tattle. Those people need to learn. You know that's what you want to do anyway. None of us could sleep at night letting something like that go. If your neighbor ever confronts you, all you have to do is say that you have no idea who made the complaint. If they say they saw the doggie cops at your house, you say that they were talking to all the neighbors and you have no idea who made the original complaint.
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 04:34:21 am »
I agree with rest  the way it sounds these ppl shouldn't have dogs..
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 04:43:23 am »
Well the Pup has been picked up and I didn't have to tell them.When they saw him they knew who he belonged to.They were taking him back to their shelter and would treat his ears,said they were fly bites.That's gross!I'll call tomorrow and see what is going to happen with him.Thanks for all your advice.

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Advice needed - Update
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 05:10:14 am »
good for you for calling. now maybe he'll be taken care of and be able to be a puppy :)
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 05:13:17 am »
Well atleast  now he will get the attention  he needs poor guy.. Did they  take there other dog? 
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 08:57:06 am »
No they didn't take the other dog,maybe they'll be back tomorrow.The neighbors got home about 15 mins after the dog warden was here and they have't even been looking for the pup.I'm feeling guilty now about sending him w/ the dog warden, that maybe I should have just tried to find someone to take him.I know I couln't keep him without them knowing I had him,but I still could have tried to find him a new home.Oh well I guess I did all I could or at least that is what I'm going to tell myself.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 09:17:06 am »
I know this advice is a little late but I also would have reported the "owners".  If it were me I would also call about the pup and see if I could foster him or take him and try and find a home for him.  You have plausible deniability on your side when they ask why you have their puppy you can say that you don't have their puppy you have a foster puppy from the animal control facility.  It must look like their puppy.  Please let us know how the little guy is doing.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 11:33:02 pm »
Good for you for helping!!!!  A lot of people would have just shooed him back home.  I would call and see if they are going to check on the Cocker, an old dog doesn't deserve to live that way at all!  The call could always be anonymous.  The warden didn't leave a notice or anything for your neighbors?  I thought they did that, or maybe they will come back later?  I'd be interested in knowing what happens if anything.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 01:57:51 am »
You absolutely did the right thing!!  Thank you for taking the time and for caring about this abused pup.

I hope they get the cocker out of there also image 13 years of that - people should be ashamed of themselves!

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 02:12:08 am »
You suely didi do the right thing. I just hope the other dog gets loose and picked up to be found a forever home. People like that don't deserve dogs. They should be reported and delt with.