Author Topic: Refinery accident  (Read 2948 times)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Refinery accident
« on: June 28, 2007, 08:59:44 am »
Let me preface this with no animals were harmed during this eruption. Humans were amazed and revolted all in the same breath.  HAZMAT was put on stand by to respond to the scene of the esplosion. 

There was a gas explosion at the Shiner refinery plant this morning.  A staff member who was closest to the area at the time of the eruption was able to get things under control.  However, there was another unexplainable explosion from the rear of the refinery that occurred about 10-15 minutes after the original incident.  Staff worked hard through the next 30 minutes to get the stench and the off gassing pipes under control.  However, things took a turn for the worse as more emergency crews came into the room to help with the poor victims that were suffering from the main explosion.  With all the pressure build up and the confusion of the relief workers another and final explosion was inevitable.  Finally, workers were able to put a cork in the leaking pipe.  Meetings were held to go over possible caustic agents that could have caused the horrendous disaster but as yet nothing conclusive has been discovered except for stress on a very small valve at the rear of the refinery. 

Short version: My puppy's butt exploded with gas at the vet clinic this morning that had everyone in the clinic from the front to the back gasping for air and in tears.  It was so bad that they started looking for poop accidents on the floor from him.  I laughed until I cried when Michael told me this story especially when the vet staff was talking about my puppy's rancid butt.  He has apparently started getting really bad gas when he is stressed out but he doesn't have diarrhea with it.  The vet asked what he's being fed and when Michael told him Evo and that it's grain free he suggested maybe a fish and sweet potato food.  Michael asked if he thought reconstituted fish and sweet potato would be less rancid than Evo. 
I'm so proud!   ;D   
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Refinery accident
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 09:03:00 am »
I can just envision that and all I have to say is "phew". Hahaha..poor people in the area of the affected area.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 09:12:47 am »
Pooor  ppl lol   :D My grams  Dobbie was liek that  seriously when  he farted you left the house lol
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 09:16:33 am »
That is too funny. I loved you story.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 12:11:20 pm »
Kat, that was too funny!  Just one question though, you did say that Michael was there at the time of the explosion...ar e you sure that poor Shiner wasn't framed to cover up his dad's ummmm...accide nt?   ;)  ;D  ;D  LOL!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 12:46:14 pm »
I kinda thought it sounded suspicious!  I LOVE that T-shirt!!!!  I need to see if I can find one for my hubby, too!   ;)  ;D
Marie

And my pups:

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 09:14:02 pm »
The tragedy at the Shiner Refinery almost got me in trouble. My husband says I'm on my computer too much, so here I am reading all about the "incident" while he's telling me some story. Every so often I'm saying "mmmhmmm" while I read, when I suddenly bust out with a giggle I can't supress any more and he whips around and says "What's so funny!" Oooh, it was hard to get out of that one!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 11:33:59 pm »
max gets the leaky pipe too.... :P
i dont know what to tell ya
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 01:12:17 am »
Shiner is way better on the Evo than he used to be.  He was on Purina One Lamb and Rice when I got him and then I changed him to Natural Balance and he was a little better on that and then to Evo.  He has improved so much but he still has gas some nights but not nearly as often as he used to.  He is still quite odiferous though on those occassions. 

Apparently some of the vet staff thought it was Michael at first but then as Shiner was stressed out his butt started singing really loud.  Michael said that the vet tech was trying to hold his breath while trying to restrain "toxic gas boy".
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 03:28:40 am »
Ok......"singing" *is* pretty damning evidence.  ;D  Ha, ha, ha!  Please tell Michael that I'm sorry that I maligned him.   
Marie

And my pups: