Author Topic: Favourite Toys  (Read 8530 times)

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Favourite Toys
« on: June 29, 2007, 10:53:30 pm »
I thought it would be a neat idea to see what are big paw's favourite toys are. I know Remy has some odd and amusing choices which include shadows, empty plastic bottles (especially PC apple juice bottles lol) and his outside fav is definitely his froggie pool!! ;D I guess just saying them isn't all that odd, but watching him is hilarious!
Caitlin

Remy - German Shepherd (7 mths)
Copper - Shetland Sheepdog (14 yrs)
Birch - Lizard (Mali Uromastyx)

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite Toys
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 11:11:22 pm »
he is so cute. this summer will be the first time any of mine will have the chance to play in the water. i think it'll be hillarious. that pink ball in the pool....my little brother had a green exactly like it when he was little. ive never seen another one like it before, thought that's funny.
boog's fav. toy is one of those gummabone pupy pacifiers. i get woke up almost every night cuz he's bangin that thing around in his kennel  ::)
max's fav. toy are those rope bones. i cant figure out what his obcession is with it but he loooooves it. i should prabibly buy them in bulk.
chevy's fav. toy is boog ::) hahaha, and whatever max is playing with at the time. :)
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 11:20:05 pm »
hehehe to  cute..

Zeus has many  toys  but his favorite would have to  be the real  cat * Boss*  and his stuffed  kitty.  HE also loves  plastic bottles, and dandelions lol  Hes  outside  sqeeKy is  his favorite when  we can  find it. IN theh ouse his kong, MOnster and brown  teddy . 
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 11:51:45 pm »
oh one more thing. last year when max was about 5 or 6 months old his absolute favorite toys were bugs. we'd go outside after dark and turn on a realy bright light that lights up our back yard and he'd go out 'hunting' in the grass and he'd find those little white millers and pounce on them (very seriously you know) and chase them around all over the yard. its one of the sweetest puppy memories i have of him. 2 cute.
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 01:46:36 am »
oh one more thing. last year when max was about 5 or 6 months old his absolute favorite toys were bugs. we'd go outside after dark and turn on a realy bright light that lights up our back yard and he'd go out 'hunting' in the grass and he'd find those little white millers and pounce on them (very seriously you know) and chase them around all over the yard. its one of the sweetest puppy memories i have of him. 2 cute.

hahahahaha! That's awesome!  :D Remy likes to chase bugs too! But Robins are his favourite out of winged things. o-m-g. He is just too funny, he'll see them at the back of the property and stalk them, and of course he never comes close to catching them because they fly away, but he'll sit there and watch them fly. The look on his face is priceless, in bewildered puzzlement I can just see him thinking "hey that's not fair, why can't I do that?"
Caitlin

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 02:31:51 am »
OK, let's see. Tani LOVES to chase lizards. I'm in Florida, so there are little chameleons everywhere - they scatter wherever you walk. She will spend as much time as I let her stalking and chasing them. As far as I know, though, her efforts have gone unrewarded! :(  Koji, the new BP, I have nicknamed "the Ant Bully" because he totally stalks poor little tiny ants. He ends up stomping his big puppy paw on them, then licking them up. Eeeew. Niko, the old greyhound, doesn't do the toy thing so much. He likes to do one lap around the yard, then pick out a spot in the sun, lay down, then roll on his back and stretch. It's the only time he looks youthful again!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 02:40:07 am »
Cute! Remy like to eat ants too now that you mention it! lol The gross part though, is that he licks and swallows and I think they sometimes crawl back out!  :P
Caitlin

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 03:47:39 am »
max likes to sample new things too. but due to his sensetive tummy there's a  99% chance that it'll come right back up with in the minute  ::) so i have to keep an eye on him...last year for instance he swallowed a poopsicle before i could stop him, but once he was inside.. he spit it back up onto my carpet eeeewwwwww!
max also thinks the neighbors bunnys that they leave out on their front lawn look temptingly fun to play with( why would any one leave their rabbits out in a VERY FLIMSEY cage in their unfenced yard????) but max found out very quickly from mommy that the bunnies are big troubles and no bunnies for max.
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 01:25:50 pm »
Daphne has a basket full of stuffed toys with squeakers!  I swore I would never have those in my house but when I got her she brought her fav toy which was a duck with a squeaker.  Well, she only has nubbies for teeth so she doesn't destroy them, actually she will bounce on them with her nose to get them to make noise sometimes!!
Issabeaux's favorite toy is whatever will go in her mouth!  Usually my arm/hand/leg/foot/face (if I'm not careful!).  Luckily she doesn't really bite down too hard actually so that's a definite plus!  She and Daphne play keep away with the toys A LOT!  Her fav outside toy is an empty milk jug that she stole out of the recycle bin and immediately ran outside with it as fast as she could cause she thought I was going to take it away!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 06:41:29 pm »
ooh!  tell remy to play in her pool a little longer for fumlbE! :) hehe!

fumble LOVES toys that sing or make some type of a soundy noise, not just a squeeker (even though those a good too!).  He figures out how to make the noise and he does it over and over again.  Of course due to his large strong teeth he breaks the sound piece within like 5 minutes. 
He also loves this bone that we got him from a place in Britian.  i'm trying to think what the name of it is.  It's sort of like the indestructible bone, but of course our guys are so big they destruct it!  hehe!  but each bone lasts him about 3 months.  so it's well worth the 20 dollars, and him always having something to chew on! 
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 08:58:35 pm »
Remy is too cute in his pool. I wish I could get a pool for my guys.

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 09:58:29 pm »
Remy loves nylabones, we have given up giving him the puppy kind because we'd give on to him in the morning and it would be gone at night!! The ones you give Fumble sound really good!

We got Remy's pool at walmart, just wanted to let you know in case anybody wanted to pick one up :)
Caitlin

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 10:29:44 pm »
Zero's favorite is the Bad Cuz toy!!!! he has 3, of the old style, with the full feet... none of this new hollow feet, crap. lol. the hole for the squeeker is on the bottom of these ones, where the new ones are on the head.  BOO. he adores them. he also loves the JW bones. we have two, a red and a green. the two bullies tug of war over both these toys. i strongly suggest JW toys to anyone!!!! they are amazing!
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~