Author Topic: Haven't been around much- NDR  (Read 2335 times)

mama23+pyrs2

Haven't been around much- NDR
« on: June 30, 2007, 02:46:37 am »
Been keeping very busy over here. Hubby's parents just got into town too, so I'm staying busy like a mad woman trying to stay on top of the house and the kids and dogs, trying to keep things neat, whew. The doggies are doing great. They just had another bath Sunday, this time was harder than the last and the last time for awhile we will be tackling the job.  Yiska was like a bucking horse and hubby wasn't able to control her very well, she jumped on me and clawed my tummy but thankfully I moved out of the way so she didn't push on me or anything. I won't even be dumb enough to attempt to try it when I'm any bigger or risk them accidentally injuring me. Groomers here we come! But they are glowing and gorgeous and it was well worth it. ;)

I saw my Dr. on Wednesday for the first time and got to see the baby and everything looks great! I get to have the big ultrasound in only a week. I am pretty certain we have a boy bun in the oven from what I saw Wednesday but I will know for sure soon! I'm very excited since that's what we both were hoping for.  ;D The baby is also measuring a bit ahead so I got my due date moved up a little bit (that's never happened!). I'll post the only pic I got of it's little boney face lol. The machine jammed and lost the other pics. :( I'll have more of those soon too though!

Anyway, just wanted to share, because I am very excited and none of our family seems to share the feeling. It's really quite depressing. :-\ Thanks for reading!

I hope everyone else is doing well around here.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Haven't been around much- NDR
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 03:17:37 am »
Kristina, I've been wondering how the in-law visit was going.....  I love ultrasounds, it's so exciting to see your little one.  What a cutie!  How certain are they that you're having a boy?  As I recall, if they're guessing "boy" they're pretty certain (though if they're guessing "girl" they can just be overlooking something important  ;)  ;D), so it sounds like they're pretty sure!  That will be wonderful, you'll have 2 girls & 2 boys.  Wow, how far up are they moving your due date?

I'm sorry that you're not getting positive reactions from your families, I just don't get that!   ???  :-\  I hope that the in-law visit goes well and everyone is pleasant.  I'm sure that Yukon & Yiska are looking clean, soft & fluffy and they must smell wonderful too so hopefully they'll have their grandparents wrapped around their dewclaws by the end of this visit.  Hang in there!   ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 03:32:28 am »
Kristina, I've been wondering how the in-law visit was going.....  I love ultrasounds, it's so exciting to see your little one.  What a cutie!  How certain are they that you're having a boy?  As I recall, if they're guessing "boy" they're pretty certain (though if they're guessing "girl" they can just be overlooking something important  ;)  ;D), so it sounds like they're pretty sure!  That will be wonderful, you'll have 2 girls & 2 boys.  Wow, how far up are they moving your due date?

I'm sorry that you're not getting positive reactions from your families, I just don't get that!   ???  :-\  I hope that the in-law visit goes well and everyone is pleasant.  I'm sure that Yukon & Yiska are looking clean, soft & fluffy and they must smell wonderful too so hopefully they'll have their grandparents wrapped around their dewclaws by the end of this visit.  Hang in there!   ;D

The grandparents aren't exactly dog people, so they won't have them wrapped around anything I'm sure lol. We let them out last night after the kids went to bed to visit..they were in rare form for sure. I guess they were excited or showing off for company, but they were actually hyper acting and wouldn't listen at all, kept jumping up on the couch to get attention from his parents, geez. They got the wrong impression of them for sure. They are usually so well behaved and just big lumps of fur on the floor. It was weird!

Well my Dr. will never admit to what you're having, ever. A friend of mine is who recommended him to me with my last pregnancy and she says he was that way with her 2 kids too. Maybe he's had a bad experience or something guessing at it haha. So, he definitely looked and said you could see an illusion of something lol. The baby's legs were wide open, it was a perfect shot but he doesn't have a fancy in depth machine, since he only really uses it to get an age on the baby. I was looking between it's legs as soon as he cut to that area and I saw something right away. When he zoomed in I saw the same thing closer..but of course it could have always been a cord. I really don't think so but I'm waiting to say for sure when I go on the 9th. It looked very familar though like when I saw it with my son so I'll be surprised if I'm wrong.

My new due date is Dec 4th, which is about 4 or 5 days earlier..after averaging all it's measurments that's the date the machine spit out. The head was measuring like more than a week ahead, let's hope that evens out lol. At least we know he/she is growing well!

Since all the kids come late, I'm not expecting the baby to really come any earlier, but at this point I'm going to use the date for kicks, why not lol. They will come when they are ready. I'll see what he/she measures at the next one.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 03:32:47 am by mama2many »

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 03:35:44 am »
Well i hope  you get to find out the babys  sex.. its allways  exciting knowing what the lil bean is. I never did know you  were pregger  so congrates lol
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 03:52:43 am »
oh!! i love little pictures of beans! i love to hear how your pregnancy is going, please keep us updated!!! pregnancy is such a special time. do tell us every time you have some news please!!!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

chaosndestruction

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 07:16:11 am »
haha what's with all these BIG heeds????

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 07:17:36 am »
heeds???
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 07:23:26 am »
From the movie "So I married an axe murderer".  Mike Meyers plays a couple different characters and the father is Irish (?) and he keeps yelling at the kid (who has a big head) to "move that mellon", etc.  There are quite a few hilarious quotes but my mind is a blank!  Anyway the way he says head sounds like heed!  Sorry so long!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 11:24:35 pm »
haha what's with all these BIG heeds????

lol I don't know. None of my kids were ever born with big heads though. After they were born they grew and my sons head has always been in the uppermost percentiles and now my youngest's has been too..eventhoug h her head in no way looks big..stupid charts. We don't have big heads in the family so I'm clueless as to where that's coming from, my head is normal lol..and hubbys is kinda small. Weird! This is the first baby to measure a big head this young lol. I think it's probably just what happened to grow fastest that week they took the measurments. I'll be interested in the next ones.

chaosndestruction

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 11:36:27 pm »
lol well glad to hear that everything's going well! I too wish your parents where more on board with the whole thing!

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 11:40:05 pm »
I love babies and if I had it my way I would have had a house full.  I'm excited for you and if you need a stand-in grandma just let me know.  I don't have any experience yet but I will come February.  Really.... how difficult could it be to spoil a little one rotten?  

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 11:43:09 pm »
From the movie "So I married an axe murderer".  Mike Meyers plays a couple different characters and the father is Irish (?) and he keeps yelling at the kid (who has a big head) to "move that mellon", etc.  There are quite a few hilarious quotes but my mind is a blank!  Anyway the way he says head sounds like heed!  Sorry so long!
oic! i would've known that if i hadnt fallen asleep durring the moviei ::)
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog