Author Topic: Newbie -- Anyone have dog with localized seizures? Brain tumor?  (Read 4301 times)

Offline Alexandermals

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Hi Y'all,
I have 3 Alaskan Malamutes and my male, Kiowa, has localized seizures in the form of major head tremors.  He is, of course, under veterinary care and we do know what is causing this (brain tumor).  I was just wondering if anyone out there is dealing with this same type of thing.  I have attached a pic of my sweet, beautiful boy just because..... Thank you.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie -- Anyone have dog with localized seizures? Brain tumor?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 08:24:15 pm »
Jeez!  My heart goes out to you!  What a tough thing to have to face!  I have a Newf with idiopathic epilepsy and I know how hard it is to live a chronic disease!

Offline shepmommies

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • German Shepherd Dog Rescue of GA
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 07:17:01 am »
My pug/sharpei mix has ideopathic epilepsy (clusters of grand mals), so I can relate to Kiowa's situation.  I wish you both the very best!

Jan
Jan
German Shepherd Dog Rescue of GA
Mom to 4 GSD's and 2 little mutts!

Offline Jennygirl

• Gnawer
  • Benny (from heavan) 4 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 12:23:32 pm »
I dont have a dog with that illness but could i suggest something. When my boy had bone cancer i went to yahoo.com and went to GROUPS... you can type in whatever you want and a group usually exists. I belong to a few dog cancer groups on yahoo so i would start there. My boy lived for over 1 Year and all my help and actions came from the help of the group and not the vets except for the amp and chemo... Please keep us posted on your pup.E mail me private if you like...
My boys name was Bruno whom i have posted here already today
jenny/Benny/Teesha
and my forever dog Bruno!

Offline Alexandermals

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2005, 06:08:39 am »
I'm sorry I haven't responded. I appreciate all of the advice. We now have a new disease in the family.  My baby, Kayte, (the one in the pic) has been losing weight rapidly, lots of pancreatitis, etc. and she has now been diagnosed with Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency.  This disease is a real scary thing so I won't be real active on any groups until I learn to stabilize her, so please forgive my lateness in responding.  Essentially, she cannot digest and uptake nutrients without enzyme supplementatio n and I'm quickly learning that it's a difficult disease to stabilize. Wow, I'm just poleaxed!!! I'm hangin' in there, though! Thank God for pet insurance! Thank you for your posts, support, and advice.