Author Topic: Puppy Pedigree  (Read 5504 times)

Offline Bleu Belle

• Gnawer
  • Bleu Belle
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Puppy Pedigree
« on: July 07, 2007, 09:08:51 pm »

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out the pedigree of my beutiful new pup, Belle? Belle is about 9 weeks old and was given to me by an individual simply because she was a female. I didnt see the sire or dame, but figured you guys could hep me out. I was told by one "expert" that she could see some Catahoula Leopard/Blue Heeler in Belle. I'm just not sure about that.

Belle is very tall, has long lanky legs with large paws. Her coat is fairly fine and short. She has a small white spot on her neck. Her ears are somewhat traingular and kindve flop toward the front of her head when attentive.

Can any of you take a stab for me?

Regardless of what she is, she is beautiful and I wouldnt trade her for the world.

Offline happiday

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All I ever do is SMILE!
    • View Profile
Re: Puppy Pedigree
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 04:46:40 am »
Welcome, Bleu Belle!
Your baby is so cute! I can't help with her breed, but she's absolutely gorgeous!!   I'm Salli, mom to Grace, 6yo Golden Retriever mix who thinks she owns the house, and Annie, my 7yo St. Bernard in my avatar.
Glad to have you here.  Keep those pics coming!!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 04:48:32 am by happiday »
Salli, Annie's mama!

Offline goldengal

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 05:01:25 am »
Sorry, I cannot help with Belle's breed either - but wanted to tell you that I think she is lovely.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 07:31:29 am »
Welcome to the board.  I have to say that I thought Catahoula when I first saw her.  Most people will say blue heeler because of the merle coloration.  Whatever she is she is beautiful. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Bleu Belle

• Gnawer
  • Bleu Belle
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 05:30:18 pm »
Yea, she's beautiful no matter what! She sleeps right in between my wife and I, wakes me up about 4am to go potty outside. All this at 9 weeks! I'm thrilled!

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 02:22:35 am »
Oh my gosh , she is SOOOOO Catahoula ! I had a Catahoula boy , Nate , when I was a teenager and she looks so much like him ! He was an AWESOME dog ! A little dog aggresive ... but awesome with kids . Very protective of me and our property . They are super smart dogs !
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline Bleu Belle

• Gnawer
  • Bleu Belle
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 05:22:28 pm »
What do ya think about the new pic?

:)