Author Topic: Who has the most spoiled Big Paw?  (Read 6543 times)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Who has the most spoiled Big Paw?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 02:23:22 am »
Ok - So here's the REAL question:  Are all of our pups just spoiled or are WE just very well trained??

Ha, ha!  In our case, BOTH!   ;D  ;D  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2007, 03:32:07 am »
Ok - So here's the REAL question:  Are all of our pups just spoiled or are WE just very well trained??

Ha, ha!  In our case, BOTH!   ;D  ;D  ;D

Oh and I forgot to add our "spoiled" stuff.  Hmm, off the top of my head:

-15 passenger van to accomodate 3 kids and (at the time) 2 big dogs and give all of them good cool air conditioning for out of town travel in the summer
-larger travel trailer when the 3rd kid arrived and there wasn't room anymore for both dogs in the tiny old trailer
-we look like the woofer mobile b/c the dogs often go with us (we live in the NW now and it's cool enough to be safe)
-we drive 150 miles round trip to get Innova for them
-we have to try and fit ourselves in on the sofas around the doggies
-they've trained hubby and oldest son to give them treats whenever they ask and mom isn't looking  ::)  ;D
-snuggles, pets & laps to sit on whenever they ask
Marie

And my pups:

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 06:13:39 am »
-snuggles, pets & laps to sit on whenever they ask

Funny how our big paws are the farthest thing from lap dogs yet we, as the humans who love them, don't seem to grasp that concept.  My hubby always wonders why Sierra thinks she's a lap dog.  Well, it's because I let her think that!  And I'm pretty confident in my suspicion that we all guilty of the same thing.  Aren't we supposed to be the most imtelligent species???
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 05:54:27 pm »
you all are too funny! and i am right up there with ya! hehe!  fumble is definately spoileD! Gets ice cubes by the tray, his own AC unit (we don't need AC on cape cod), lots of toys, and lots of lvoe!  I think we all in our own way spoil our big paws!  but i have to agree that they have taught us well! ;)
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2007, 09:07:29 pm »
How can we not spoil our big paws???? My gang has their own den. Big pillows, a chair, TV, Fireplace, and a small fridge. It was the family room before but we made some changes, tore up carpet put down ceramic and took out the couch and bought big dog beds for them. I just couldn't help myself, so they got one of tne nicest rooms in the house.  Love those big paws!

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2007, 09:20:42 pm »
This is a pic of our beloved Berkley....I don't think he was spoiled....do you???  ::)

Offline fivestartaylor

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Scooby & Kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2007, 10:15:44 pm »
WoW! What a topic.

Okay so my Lucy ( lab)will not eat unless we give her something to sit her rump on ( she refuses to eat like a normal dog standing up) so she sits (usually on pillows) while eating

Water with ice cubes

Scooby gets a small chicken 3 times a week boiled to the point of falling of bones and then the broth goes on dry food for rest of week

All trips are planned around what would be less traumatic for doggies ( like if my mom keeps them or they have to be boarded)

And last but not least we have installed a doggie door in our garage door ( and the dog door takes up most of the normal door)so that the dogs may come and go out of the air conditioning as they please. And we got automatic watering spicket outside( motion sensored ) so they can get fresh water whenever they want it while in the heat - I highly recommend this for anyone whos pooches stay outside in the heat, it has been wonderful and the dogs love it.
Mom To :

Scooby 18mo. Great Dane
          &
Lucy   7yr old Labrador Retriever

2 Kids & 1 Husband -(might as well be another kid)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2007, 10:27:27 pm »
Harley is busy packing his suitcases; he doesn't feel spoiled enough after reading all of your posts.

Harley has it pretty good ice in his water; me at his beck and call and certain rights to the couch.

Before we had our kids we had Stoli the springer spaniel she was spoiled more than Harley; when she was a pup she would go everywhere with us; we lived in a small town and she would come golfing with us; to the local pub where she could sit on a stool at the bar with a bowl for water right on the bar (we knew the owner).

But poor Harley would like to know who would like to adopt him?   ;D

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2007, 02:19:02 am »
Haha!  I'd adopt him in a second, but I think Sierra is secretly meeting up with him so they can both find a place to get spoiled more.  Everytime she reads a new post, she gives me dirty looks because I'm not doing those things for her!!

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2007, 09:48:47 am »
Okay I'm feeling very neglectful of my pups.  They just got a bowl of ice cream for dessert this evening and toys out the wazoo.  Just look at this abused face in the pictures.  She is so not spoiled at all!  At least she doesn't think so.  :D
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2007, 09:54:58 am »
Oh those pics of Kaila cracked me up!  She looks so incredibly blissful!  Nope, she's not spoiled at all, she looks like she has life harrrrrd.  LOL!  I just love her big happy smile.   ;D   BTW, isn't there a kitty tucked behind her in one of those pics?  That's so cute! 
Marie

And my pups:

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2007, 10:02:16 am »
There are actually 2 kitties tucked behind her in that picture.  That is Toulouse (yellow & white) and VooDoo (black & white).  I lost Doo last year and Toulouse (his brother) I still have. 

I need to try and get some pics of Shiner.  Then you will really see a hard life story.  The poor boy has to sleep on me every night because the bed just isn't comfortable enough for him.   ;D
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2007, 02:03:29 am »
I love how Kaila gets the lap and the cats have to stay off to the side wishing they were on your lap!

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret