Author Topic: does peyton have bloat? or just gas?  (Read 2865 times)

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
does peyton have bloat? or just gas?
« on: July 09, 2007, 05:08:55 am »
i came home today and saw that peyton had pooped in her kennel. i was gone a lot longer than expected. so i let her out and let her do her business. it was a tad bit runny, but not diarreah (sp). i let her back in and i let her drink some water. she drank it up (a WHOLE bowl) and then she was walking around me and just puked everywhere. projectile. it was poop. i was assuming she ate it in the kennel since she don't like messes. she kept drinking water. and now her tummy looks very full. i looked up the symptoms of bloat and from what i can tell, she does not have it. i messured her tummy. 23.5 inches. i am gonna check in about 10 mins again. she is acting lathargic with me but i had the neighbor come over and she perked right up. she was her complete normal self. it's hard but not solid hard. i can still squeeze her tummy a little and it gives.
Your house isn't a home until you have made a bed for a dog.

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: does peyton have bloat? or just gas?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 07:31:30 am »
sounds like she drank her water too fast to me...
this happens to zero alot, he will drink his water bone dry and he will blow up like a balloon, then vomit it all out... *and yes, he eats poo also, so its pretty gross most times*
I have had bloat experiance, and lost my dane, Zeus to it... and to me, if there is stuff coming up on its own, its probably just the water intake... If she is puking, i suggest taking the water away for a little bit let her relax... see how that goes? but if you are worried about it being bloat. see a vet immediately
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 08:07:12 am »
Bloat is a serious attach of sorts.  gas is well gas.  i too would at least call my vet's office and ask if i should take Grace in for an emergency visit...they are great about narrowing down symptoms quickly.  but from what i've heard bloat is very noticable and severe with fast symptoms.  not something you'd confuse with gas.
still if you're worried...call your vet or take Peyton in as soon as you can. 

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 12:38:21 am »
thank you so much for all your concerns. she is doing very well now. i was in route to the vet and she started biting my ear and my hair on the way there. (good sign but bad habit) and i called the vet with the "good news". he said to check her tummy again and to see if it was still big and hard. it wasn't. he said i could still come in and get her checked since i had her in the car anyway. he looked at her and gave her some treats. she was fine. it was i think just the gulping of so much water. oh it was so nasty though! after was said and done though i bawled like a baby.

but peyton is doing just perfect now. thanks again!
Your house isn't a home until you have made a bed for a dog.