Author Topic: Apollo needs help ASAP  (Read 3711 times)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Apollo needs help ASAP
« on: July 12, 2007, 11:05:12 am »
Anyone in the Little Rock area?  This guy is gorgeous and he needs a rescue asap.  Unfortunately I'm not affiliated with a rescue group but I would be willing to foster him if anyone is and can pull him and he gets along with cats.  It says he's good with other dogs. 

http://forums.petfinder.com/viewtopic.php?t=137511

Apollo - Formerly Abused GSD / Spitz Mix - Needs Immediate Medical Attention. THIS MEANS NOW - PLEASE READ HIS UPDATE
MUST receive a rescue commitment by Wednesday. Thursday afternoon euth scheduled.

2+ year old Apollo has been a favorite of AC since he first arrived, several weeks ago. Apollo has a permanent indention in his head that clearly indicates someone directly bludgeoned him with a blunt object. This boy does not show any signs of brain damage. He has a calm and steady demeanor, is exceptionally friendly with people (he sure loved me!), dog social and....did I mention....a big dog? He kind of reminds me of a miniature pony with a puffy, GSD head. He's quite a character in both physical stature and personality.

UPDATE - WEDNESDAY - Midnight - When I went to the shelter today to finish photographing dogs, it was pointed out that he may had been bitten. One of his front legs was swollen up like a tree stump. I rushed him to the vet for an assessment. A bite was confirmed. Apparently, an aggressive dog entering in to the shelter had latched on to him one time but did not disengage without excessive prying on the part of ACO (the aggressive is NOT on this list). At the time of the incident, antibiotic ointment was applied. It wasn't enough. Now Apollo has an absess and a temperature of 103.5 degrees. THIS DOG is in serious DANGER. He CANNOT go back to the shelter in this condition but he has NO ONE backing him -- NO RESCUE. He's made it in the shelter for numerous weeks, it has been confirmed that he was bludgeoned in the head with a heavy, pointed object sometime in his past.....How much more can this poor boy handle? Despite it all, he remained calm, friendly and compliant. He has obviously been to the vet's office before as he dropped in to a spread eagle position upon entering. ACO Horace carried him to the scale (85#), an antibiotic injection was administered and he was left at the vet's for an overnight stay and a reprieve from the shelter. The vet wants to lightly sedate him on Wednesday morning and scrape away some of his wound to see exactly what is going on. Apollo need financial backers and a firm rescue commitment. This is a good as gold boy who has withstood cruelty and neglect but is loyal to a fault to people and also dog social. PLEASE. Give him YOUR RESCUE CONSIDERATION! He will not receive continued treatment without a rescue to step up for him. PLEASE HELP!

Apollo has a hot spot on his left rear hind quarters that has, as of Tuesday, July 10, improved considerably.

Apollo has reached "old timer" status at the shelter now and NEEDS an immediate commitment. We cannot hold on to him any longer. Please help this boy in to treatment and the "good life" immediately. He only wants to please.

Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: Apollo needs help ASAP
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 04:26:57 am »
Bump  :) can we help this fellow out?

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Nicole

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 05:05:16 am »
Awww...poor Apollo! I can donate some fundage. Where is this at? Little Rock? Is there contact info?

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 05:18:28 am »
OO I hope some on  can take  him he is a great looking  guy,  and  by the sounds of it had a terrible life so far.
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

lorim2

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 06:02:48 am »
Kathyrn..have you talked to anyone there?  Is he still there.  You guys know I cant foster but could possibly pick him up and bring him to you

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 09:56:44 am »
I just emailed the contact person that is listed because I was having computer issues last night.  Her name is Joy and her email is humane_teens@yahoo.com.  Sorry I would have responded sooner but I have been at work and can't get on the internet for none work related stuff.  There is an update from 10am this morning saying that 3 rescues are reviewing the list of dogs that don't have rescues and will be making their decisions over which ones they will take (I think based on monetary donations).  But, that no dogs will be euthanized until all 3 rescues have been contacted and they decide which ones they want.  I'm not sure if that means that they will euthanize later tonight or wait until Monday. 

I just got an email back as I'm writing this and she said that Apollo is pending with respect to rescue.  She will email me when she finds out if they will take him. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 10:15:27 pm »
I hope that he gets rescued! praying for him.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)