Author Topic: Koby got stung....  (Read 3898 times)

Anakalia

Koby got stung....
« on: July 13, 2007, 09:26:43 am »
 I'm not sure exactly what kind of stinger bug it was but he was outside running around, I thought he was having a good time.  We have those white floaty dandelion thingys all over the place and I thought he was trying to catch those.  He kept spinning and barking and I was thinking, WOW he's really gettin' into it, he HATES the white floaty things!  But now I realize he was fighting with a nasty evil insect and he got stung in the eye!  About 10 min after we came inside I noticed a HUGE stringy eye booger hanging down his face then I noticed the swelling around his eye.   He got stung on his lower eyelid right by the eyeball.  I gave him some benadryl but he keeps blinking and giving me that sad, "You let me get stung, how could you?" look.  I feel so bad!  Is there anything else I should be doing to make the swelling go down?  Should I give him medicine for pain?  Hopefully the swelling will go down soon, it looks horrible.  :(

Offline SirdanceAlot

• Ankle Biter
  • Im to sexy for this floor.
    • View Profile
Re: Koby got stung....
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 06:06:09 pm »
Im feel so sorry for Koby.  Hope everything heals up quick.  Im waiting for Spazz to get stung.  Out here in Germany they have these huge Bees.  You can hear them flying from a good 2 feet away.  Spazz hears them and chases them.  I pray he doesnt catch one...

Now this maybe a stupid question....Ac tually im pretty sure its a stupid question but im going to ask it anyways.   :-[ is there a benadryl for dogs???  :-[ arr human medications are fine for dogs??? 

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 09:20:56 pm »
[quote author=SirdanceAlot link=topic=18604.msg228465#msg228465 date=1184371569

Now this maybe a stupid question....Ac tually im pretty sure its a stupid question but im going to ask it anyways.   :-[ is there a benadryl for dogs???  :-[ arr human medications are fine for dogs??? 
[/quote]

It's not a stupid question.  Benadryl is fine for dogs but not all human meds are safe for them.  Cinder just ate a hornet a couple of weeks ago and had to be given a couple of benadryl to stop the reaction.  She was out camping with Michael and he was no where near a vet clinic.  I was told by my vet that liquid benadryl is safe for cats and he prescribed to for one of my cats a long time ago. 

By the way, I hope Koby is feeling much better today and that the swelling has gone down.  Big hugs to him.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 10:22:45 pm »
Poor Koby!  I hope he is feeling much better today.

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 05:11:07 am »
You guys are great!  Thanks for the suggestions.  I woke up this morning to find the swelling gone!  Well mostly gone, there's still a little red dot where he got stung but the benadryl worked! YAY!  He refused to put ice on it, he didn't want anything touching that area, I'm sure it was really sore. Hopefully next time Koby sees a stinger bug he'll realize they're not fun to play with....but he's a pretty slow learner so chances are this may happen again, thank goodness for benadryl!

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 01:52:49 am »
awwwww poor Koby, what a bummmer :(
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown