Author Topic: New to the message board  (Read 5249 times)

Offline busicsrule

• Gnawer
  • Our baby girl Shakes!
    • View Profile
New to the message board
« on: July 15, 2007, 05:55:32 am »

Hello! I am new to this message board. We have a 3 year old female border collie named Shakes. She is our child. Even tho we have 2 human children and also 2 other dogs and two cats. Shakes is such a wonderful dog. I have to take her to the vet tomorrow morning, for the past 2 months she has had a bad ear problem but unfortunatly we have not been able to take her due to the fact that we don't have alot of money! And that makes me feel horrible. But I am happy that I am gonna have her treated. It seems as if she has an middle ear infection. Shaking her head, not great balance, crying, walking with her head tilted to the side all the time. And she just lays around all the time. Not much of an appetite and she just seems really sad. I have been babying her so much because she deserves it. I just hope and pray that I have not waited too long and it has turned into something worse or that she may have a brain tumor. Because unfortunalty if she had that their would be no way we could afford treatment and i suppose we would have to make the descion to either keep her comfortable or put her down and I think it would kill me either way. It would be like losing a child. If anyone has gone through any of this and has any advice I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you so much!
We love our Shakes!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: New to the message board
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 10:24:59 am »
Hello and welcome!  I have a friend with a sheltie named Shakes.

I hope your Shakes does just have an ear infection, the symptoms do seem to point in that direction.  Glad you are able to get her into the vet now.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 02:56:50 pm »
Hi & welcome!  I hope that it's something simple and quickly cured so that Shakes is feeling great soon.  I'm mom to our three kids, and Daisy our Golden/Lab mix, Cassie our Great Pyrenees/? mix and Sammy our Pyr.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 10:26:39 pm »
Welcome to big paws. I hope Shakes gets better soon...have you looked into your local Humane Society for cheap vet care?