Author Topic: You are now entering the blond zone  (Read 2031 times)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
You are now entering the blond zone
« on: July 15, 2007, 08:17:05 am »
It's kind of like the Twilight Zone but it's the zone where you have blond moments.  This story is going to tell you exactly how much of a blond/dork that I am. 

I've been looking for something to groom Kaila with that she will tolerate.  She has a thick coat even though she has short fur.  Anyway, I was using a slicker brush to get the loose fur off her but she doesn't like it and she's starting to get a mildewy smell to her coat.  Because she goes and plays in the dog pools in the back yard and then rolls in the grass.  I said something about it to Michael when he was here and he said he had this neat comb thingy and I could try it.  So I take it and I start using it and it takes out her nasty undercoat really quickly and while she doesn't like it she's at least getting better about it.  So I tried again tonight and I was giving her treats for sitting still while I brushed her out.  Then I look down at the comb thingy and I read Furminator written across it.  I was like "huh, I thought the furminator was something that had to be hooked up to your vacuum".  I don't know why I thought that but I did.  At least I didn't start looking for the hose connector on the comb.  Anyway, I have to say it works great with or without suction.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: You are now entering the blond zone
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 08:50:44 am »
oh that wasnt too bad for a blonde moment, the ones to worry about are when you find your remote controll in the freezer or look around the house for your glasses when they are on your head.....it could realy be alot worse ;) ;D
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 10:30:14 am »
This was just the latest in a long history of blond moments.  I have way more than just this one like this weekend.  I went out to dinner and the movies with a friend of mine and we stopped by the computer store on the way home.  As we are walking back to the truck to leave I'm looking for my truck and we came in her truck.  Tell me how you can lose a vehicle that you didn't even bring. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 02:34:59 pm »
LOL!  To look at me you'd never know that I have blond roots, too!  Though I appear to be brunette (I'm mostly Irish), it's really just a cover.   ;)  ;D  ::)  Tee hee.  Remember the thread a while back when Nicole got her Dyson Animal?  At first, I thought that it was one of those little  robotic vacuums and that it had a cover or something on it to make it look like a pet (sort of like the pool vacuums that look like turtles).  Boy did I feel silly! ::) ;D LMAO
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 02:36:17 pm by GoldenPyrs »
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

lorim2

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 11:47:55 pm »
haha...Waynes World is one of my favorite movies!!
Party On!!!!!!!!!  hahaha

Nicole

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 11:52:36 pm »
oh that wasnt too bad for a blonde moment, the ones to worry about are when you find your remote controll in the freezer or look around the house for your glasses when they are on your head.....it could realy be alot worse ;) ;D

Geez!  I must have blond roots!  ;D

No, you're just old and senile.