Author Topic: swollen lymph node  (Read 3687 times)

Offline mitchie

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Daisy n' Phoebe
    • View Profile
swollen lymph node
« on: July 19, 2005, 05:40:22 pm »
hey all,
Daisy has a very swollen lymph node on the back of her hind right leg.  It's the same leg she had ACL surgury on in January.
The vet said that it probably is a local infection around the repair area that has caused it.  He sent me home with
amoxicillan and an uneasy heart.  She whines when she moves her leg a certain way.  It has to be sore.
Has anyone had this happen?  I am so down in the dumps about it and I didn't find much info in my
books or online.  I hope it disappears.
any advice graciously welcome.
Mitchie

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: swollen lymph node
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 10:26:40 pm »
Wow, I posted the exact same topic about a month ago! My pup Nigel had a swollen lymph node on the back of his hind leg (the popliteal lymph node), which I finally figured out was because of a toenail injury he had. Nigel's lymph node was about the size of a grape. It went down completely on its own over the next 4 or 5 days after I noticed it. If your vet gave you antibiotics I would think you have nothing to worry about. Are you sure your dog is whining because of the lymph node? When Nigel's was swollen I don't think he really felt any pain, or at least he didn't act like it.
If you research "swollen popliteal lymph node" on google you will find some information, mostly pertaining to humans but it is still useful. Good luck and I hope you feel better and your dog feels better very soon!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 10:32:35 pm »
Here's a link to that topic as I posted it!
http://bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,1239.0.html

Offline mitchie

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Daisy n' Phoebe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 06:55:50 am »
Thank you for giving me a sense of comfort about this!
I remember seeing your post now that I read it again.
I'm going to go search about the info you gave me.
Thank you!