Author Topic: this is gonna be a long night  (Read 3636 times)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
this is gonna be a long night
« on: July 16, 2007, 09:42:44 am »
My neighbors apparently still have fireworks left over from the 4th and are setting them off.  They started around 5:30 or 6:00 and it seems to be at random intervals that they will light them.  The bad part is that they are lighting them one at a time and setting them off in a can so it sounds like a gunshot.  Good thing Cinder is with Michael or she would be going ballistic and the benadryl would be flowing.  As it is, Kaila is starting to get a little concerned and Shiner wants to go out and eat them.  Not really a vent just a why?  Why not just set them off and get it over with?
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: this is gonna be a long night
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 09:59:34 am »
I'm with ya.  I love fireworks.  What's not to love about a large bang, the smell of gunpowder, and sparklies!  But really I don't need all 3 of my dogs needing prozac every holiday.  Not to mention I have brand new neighbors right next door so I'm trying really hard to keep Shiner's barking to a minimum until I get a feel for them. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Lyn

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 10:34:26 am »
I dread the fireworks. Lola almost went through our patio door when the neighbour decided to set off their fireworks in the field behind our house! What really ticked me off is that the very same field also runs behind their OWN house.

So of course.. you know me. I went right out there and asked them why they were setting them off behind MY house. Heck there is over 200 acres there but they pick behind my house. ::) Their reply sent me into a world of ticked off. They didn't want to scare "THEIR" dogs. Ok.. So apparently they don't care about anyone elses dogs. They could have set them off farther back in the field but nooo...  >:(

Apparently I needed to get that rant out. LOL

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 10:42:28 am »
Fireworks aren't bad here. A few neighbors down the road set some off 2 nights ago and it was far enough off that we sat out and enjoyed them. We are in the country now. At our old house you could buy fireworks on every corner around the 4th. EVERYONE bought them and set them off. Poor Tisha would freak out. Even when we drugged her she would try to run and hide and end up falling over etc. It was terrible. As soon as midnight hit I was calling the cops to come make them goto bed...
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Edwpang

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 05:21:25 am »
That's not the worst. In China, my home country, you cannot image the intensity of firework in cities during the first several days of Chinese New Year. It’s like a whole army firing at once for several hours during night :o. The firework is allowed during the first 15 days of Chinese New Year. There were quite some cases of dogs frightened or even harmed by firework and bought to vet for treatments. In one case, a lady was going out with her dog for walk and a firework was set off near them, her dog was burned and when she tried to comfort the dog, she was bitten…

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 05:34:56 am »
oh yes i had something simmilar happen to us too. our stupid neighbors let their son set off loud ones like that only it was about 2 in the after noon....OK!!! >:( my 4 month old got woken up from his nap, my 2 year old got woken up from her nap, my husband who works midnights got woken up from his sleep, and i got woken up from my nap....and on top of it all the idiots were lighting them so close to our car that fire work debris was going on our car!!!!! meca me mad!!! >:(
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 08:44:43 am »
oh god, at the farm we have our standardbred racehorses at, the neighbors dont like us. they do a lot to make our horses go nuts. they put scarecrows up all over, plastic bags on sticks to blow in the wind, and thats just in their garden that they just HAD to put RIGHT NEXT to the track we have. one time in the winter one of the guys were jogging and the a***holes decided to drive their snowmobile up and down the side of the track, and he ended up in the middle of the track in the pond with the horse. well the other day my cousin was jogging one of his horses and they decided to set of fireworks... and this is at like 2pm! needless to say his horse when balistic! my thought is, you cant see them anyway so why would you set them off! theyre so annoying. then they let thier dogs get loose and chase our horses around the track. i cant wait to get a chance to call the cops on them!
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!