Author Topic: Amelia?  (Read 4134 times)

bigdogs@5501

Amelia?
« on: July 16, 2007, 08:40:34 pm »
I havent heard from anyone about Amelia. Do I need to make arrangements to have her transported somewhere? Am I suppose to be looking for her an forever home? I have a sick foster dog coming back to the house and dont mind keeping Amelia but I need some idea of how long etc. Lori M said that she could help transport. Feel free to send me a personal email at paigesegovia@msn.com. She is a wonderful loving and needy girl- she just wants to be loved on constantly. She has now had her rabies shot and her neck is cleared up.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
Re: Amelia?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 09:18:26 pm »
We can help with transport too, if needed.  Please let us know how we can help! :)

Nicole

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 09:45:04 pm »
I think that Heather (Rangers' mom) has been SERIOUSLY considering taking her, but has to work out a few details first.

I have told Heather that Amelia can stay with us for as long as it takes to get her life Amelia-ready! So, if she needs to move on, she can head toward my house. If that's what you need, Paige, I'm more than willing and happy to accomodate her! Just let me know.

Is she house-trained, BTW?

lorim2

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 10:01:17 pm »
I dont think Millie has had one accident since shes been at Paiges house.  She is such a sweetheart.  Paige and I met at Cafe Brazil on Sat with Amelia..(visitation)haha  She was the perfect child.  She ate her breakfast and made fast friends with all the waitresses and customers that came by.  We then took her to Petsmart where she absolutely loved all the kids that came to love on her and even all the little dogs that would come up...She like babies the little dogs...even the little old chihuahua that wanted to bite her nose off!!  She is a true sweetheart!  I could help with the transport to your place too...

Nicole

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 10:08:39 pm »
She sounds AWESOME!

Well, I'm in Indiana...its kind of a hike. But, if she needs to start moving, let's get it going!

lorim2

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 10:15:34 pm »
Ya...Paige really has her hands full right now but she has done an awesome job with Millie.  I think it would be such a help if you could keep her.  I could take her back to OK and then maybe Jess could take her a little further towards you!!  If not I could probably just bring her on to Indiana but I cant leave until thursday at the earliest.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 10:27:46 pm »
Anytime before the 24th works for us.  We'll probably need someone in Missouri too?  If you end up taking her all the way, we could contribute some gas money too.

It would be great to see miss Millie again--she's such a sweetheart!!! :)

lorim2

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 10:40:53 pm »
Ya I really dont mind taking her all the way or maybe Nicole could meet me somewhere...Sh e is an awesome car rider and now with her neck healed its so much easier.  She has a pretty new collar thanks to Paige!

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 11:53:27 pm »
I'll bet she looks so pretty with her new collar!  She's such a good and sweet girl. :)

Nicole

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 12:05:59 am »
Well, I can drive some. My schedule is tight, next week is our county fair, and I have to be there every day. Then, I'm getting married. It would kind of have to be after that.

Let me try and get a hold of Heather, too.

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 06:59:02 am »
Hey guys- sorry - been at work all day. We have kinda been calling her Millie- Amelia is a lot to say, but we do call her both, hope that no one minds- she really doesnt pay much attention to either name. She may have been a Maggie- but not sure- since the person in Oklahoma never followed up with me after the first call.She is house broken. She loves to be loved on and will nudge you for attention. She still drools and now I wear drool quiet a bit in the evenings- she is a happy lovely lady. AND I could get attached much too easily. I thought that 2 of my previous foster babies were coming home tonight- but its only one. That had me panicked because I was worried about space. Freckles my little pointer girl has a respiratory infection and needs some TLC and antibiotics in a home setting before she can be readmitted for adoption. As I type Millie is at my feet- very content. Just let me know what I need to do- I had not heard from anyone so I just wasnt sure- Nicole- YOU are going to LOVE her. Trust me on this- You may just want to keep her for your self.

Nicole

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 09:17:40 pm »
Oh, Paige. There is no doubt in my mind that I'll love her. But, its not good for us right now. We just adopted Mabel and still haven't bought a house, so we're already tight in our 2 bedroom apartment.