Author Topic: I need serious HELP!!!! new pictures  (Read 8630 times)

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
I need serious HELP!!!! new pictures
« on: July 17, 2007, 03:10:22 am »
As some of you know I was planning on getting a Great dane from a shelter, today I found out she was claimed by her owner. Well as fate would have it, I went to do my Tues. volunteeing at the local shelter. We had a male Saint to neuter because he was adopted. Well his heart worm test was positive!!! The "new owners" decided they did not want to pay to get rid of them. They even had the nerve to pick another dog, then walk in and pet this boy and walk out. I couldn't stand it....He was going to be euthanized as soon as the last surgery was done (the neuter on his "replacement") I couldn't stand it...I called the vet and they said it would be about $300 for treatment....I brought him home. I cannot keep him for more than a month or 2 I have him scheduled for next Thursday at the vet. I really don't have the $$$ for treatment. The vet will keep him 2 days, then he goes back in 2 weeks for a check up. He isn't a pure saint...he is 85 pounds, and other than a thinner nose he looks like a saint. Here is a link to his picture on the shelter site.
http://www.knoxhumanesociety.org/images/pounddogs/2007/06_14_07/Pen12B700378a.jpg

any takers???
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 07:42:42 am by zchic »
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: I need serious HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 03:12:23 am »
OMG people can be so evil!!!!! im speechless.... ..
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 03:24:14 am »
he is  so  cute look  at that  sad face. What evil ppl.
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 04:19:55 am »
If I can raise the money selling my statues and stuff on e-bay...then the only adoption fee I would even ask for would be for them to have him neutered....
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 06:51:43 am »
He was getting ready to be neutered. He had gotten the pre drugs...the stuff that makes them groggy, and at that time we pull the blood for the heartworm. Once we saw his test was pos. He was put back in the cage and they called the people that were adopting him. He was in the room where the other adopted dogs were, and I had to keep going in there for recoveries etc. and looking at that face. I couldn't stand it! He is a really nice boy, he walks on a leash great, he knows basic commands, I spent an hour + brushing him and he was very good considering the mats I had to brush/cut out, I even used the clippers on the back of his legs to get the mats off, and he layed there chewing on a beef bone. He might be slightly food agressive, he was fine chewing the bone while I brushed him, but jubby reached down to see what he would do and he did growl a bit. That doesn't really bother me...my Danes always were a bit greedy with food, as long as it isn't to the extreme. I took pictures of him after his grooming session. He stil has a few mats around his neck, in the undercoat. But he looks much better. He has back dew claws. the nails were like 2 inches long and curved!!! his other nails are worn down and didn't need clipped. The only "bad" thing I see about him is that he wants to mark EVERYTHING! He seemed to want to chase the cats. LOL and he looked like he wanted to play with Morgayne...she is a chicken @ss and was barking and growling at him. LOL She is sooo vicious....NOT . I will post pics after dinner. :)
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 07:06:46 am »
A lady after my own heart. Poor guy. I think that he is gorgeous- and he definitely has some Saint Bernard in him. I want to check my finances see what I have and of course I want a Jake- Wonder if you could do a Jake/Garrett/Annie Statue all in one- with the three of them together- Or at least Jake and Annie- ( I have had someone ask me about adopting Garrett... and so he maybe going to a new forever home) I know you have a lot of orders to fill - so we can work on that in the future- Maybe the clinic will give you a break on the HW treatment- unless they dont do that at all at the shelter where you volunteer?

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 07:32:09 am »
OK...Here are the pictures of "bear" (any other name ideas?) he is a really sweet boy. I give kuddos to all you Saint/Pyr/newfie/etc. owners. I thought I would die brushing him out. LMAO I guess if you do it regularly it isn't so bad. I trimmed his "Bum", clipped the matted nasty backs of his legs, trimmed his tail a bit, and brushed him good. I almost think he may be a Collie/saint mix...the fur on his back doesn't have quite the undercoat as his rear and neck.

He looks smaller than he is. He is about 85-90 pounds.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
Re: I need serious HELP!!!! new pictures
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 07:53:09 am »
Oh, he's darling!  You are such a saint to rescue him! 

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 08:35:18 am »
i would take him in a heartbeat if i didnt have my pup now.. as it is i only have room for her in my house, and shes cost me over 600 this month in vet bills due to her being sick. aww that face though! i cant wait to get a bigger house so i can have all i want!
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 08:57:53 am »
What an awesome rescue, and what a sweet puppy face!! You rock! He looks a little "bear"ish, but since that name is taken on this board  ;D , how about Magnus? For whatever reason, that's what keeps popping into my head. It's from the movie Matilda. He was the father of Miss Honey, the super sweet school teacher, but the mean, mean Aunt Trunchbull did bad things and sad things happened. No need for detail. It's a Roald Dahl story, and a good movie, although a bit disturbing! Anyway, Magnus is cool.
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline stryder

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 09:13:37 am »
zchic,
I just PM'ed you
Spay before the first heat NOT after the first litter.
Neuter before he runs away.

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 09:41:08 am »
How can you not like the name Barrel!!!???!!! its a NBC Character!!! OMG! hahaha
He is a total cutie. i really hope someone helps out :)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 09:20:17 pm »
Oh he is so sweet looking, you are a wonderful person for doing this. Those people should be patted on the head and then sent to a room to wait to be put to sleep. Morons. I would love to send a bit of $$ to help with treatment or neutering. Let me know where to send it.

Tina

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 09:37:37 pm »
Thanks everyone...I think any one of us put in this position would have done the same thing...there were 2 other ladies there saying how terrible it was that he was going to die. The one said something about taking him home and saving up money to have him treated...I told her if she took him home I would give her a donation...any way they were just talking out their asses (sorry) Then when I was the only hope left, and I said I would take him do ya think either of them offered a penny...nooooo . I even joked about standing on the corner with a tin cup and a sign, they thought that was funny. Somehow I just knew that if I got him here things would work out. I believe in karma...and when you do what is right, things find a way of working out...:)
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 10:55:24 pm »
He is so handsome - and he is lucky that you were there to save him.

I would love a Harley statue (there aren't many things that are flat coated retrievers around) and I will also pay $25.00 to help with your fund.

I can also donate for his medical treatments.

Randy and Harley