Pit Bulls > Pit Bull Discussions & Pictures

Prayers for My Brothers Dog

(1/3) > >>

Jas2Cats:
This fire is going on in San Martin, California right now.  It went across the back of my brothers property, and damaged his barn and the dog's run.  Yoyo (PB) hid under the large Truck Container my bro has, and watching the live video looks like it will be OK, but, obviously is going to be tramatized.  In addition to Yoyo, my bro has multiple ducks, geese, and a s**tload of cats both indoor and outdoor.

Can you keep them and all their animals in your prayers for us? 

http://www.nbc11.com/news/13698165/detail.html

Thanks everyone
Alyce

GoldenPyrs:
Oh no!  We used to live in CA and fire was an every summer fear.  I'll be thinking of your brother and his whole fur & feathered family.  Please keep us posted!

Jas2Cats:
Thanks guys~!

Julie,  Yes, it was Yoyo.  My DH watched it on the news, but, they were reporting from the helicopter, so who knows what they could really see, especially since Yoyo was freaking out (he doesn't like anybody except my SIL).  I guess freaking out and fighting is a good sign in this case.

The fire seems to be contained away from their property now, so, now what he'll have to do, is wait for the Outdoor cats to start coming home, and to keep an eye on all the other animals for smoke inhalation (sp?). 

This has been very scary.  My parents were very upset, and of course, my bro and SIL must be so worried.  Their animals are their kids!~

Duramax:
wow that's realy terrible. but it's great that they found yoyo!!! now if only all the rest of the animals are ok....

Jas2Cats:
Well, finally got to talk to my brother a short time ago.  All animals are accounted for except for one cat, and he is one who likes to hide anyway.  They expect that he'll show up in a day or two.  Yoyo is at the vet's being treated for smoke inhalation, and they also think he may have damaged his heart due to the heat and stress.  It took the firefighters some time to cool down the Cargo Container he was hiding under in order for them to be able to rescue him.  My SIL is crushed, the heat was too hot for her to even open the gate to his kennel, so he could escape.  Aparently their property caught fire quickly when a propane tank exploded at the other property.

Oh, and can we also keep a good samaritan in our prayers?  A man pulled off the highway when he saw the fire, and drove into the neighborhood.  He helped SIL catch and conatin all the geese, then colapsed with a heart attack~!  He is at the hospital and should recover with time.

PD thinks fire was probably arson, a tenant had been notified of eviction on the neighboring property earlier in the day, and there had been 2 suspicious fires on the property in the last couple of months.

Thanks again everyone~!  It's been a really stressful day, but, we're thankful that my Bro and SIL are OK and that the animals will most likely all be OK.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version