Author Topic: Help solve Obi mystery.  (Read 3348 times)

Offline sluevano

• Gnawer
  • Can you tell me what I am?
    • View Profile
Help solve Obi mystery.
« on: July 19, 2005, 10:25:05 pm »
Hello, Im new here and I was hoping all you expert dog lovers can help find the breed of my dog. He is a mix of some sort of hound, I would like any quess just to help me know more about him. There are more pictures posted on paw prints.

Offline sluevano

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Help solve Obi mystery.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 10:42:27 pm »
Thanks for the quick response we did get that a lot when he was a puppy. He was two months old in that picture and has since grown to be 50lbs and when he dances with me he comes face to face with me.(Im short myself but obi clears 5ft on his two back legs) I also posted more recent pictures of him on the paw prints and I don't know yet how to show multiple pictures. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 10:47:51 pm by sluevano »

Offline sluevano

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 11:09:24 pm »
thank you again for the quick response, and all the great ideas you gave me. I change the avitar picture to better reflect my big paw baby. Thank you for the compliment he loves them :D

Offline imogen

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 11:26:19 pm »
chocolate lab-dalmation cross?

I could have sworn it was a blue heeler cross english pointer... but thats an aussie breed.

I'm hopeless at picking dog breeds.

How big is your hound?

BabsT

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 04:31:03 am »
His ear set is a lot like a grey hound along with his longish muzzle in the top picture

My bet is that he is a Catahoula Leopard Dog X Greyhound...Th e Catahoula can come in a wide variety of colors and it is even more likey that he is considering that you are in El Paso.  They cross the Cat and greyhound quite often in hog hunting.

What ever he is, he is a beautiful dog and lucky to have you as an owner.  I attached some Catahoula pics.  His size also fits the Catahoula.

Offline sluevano

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 11:14:51 am »
I never would of thought he was anything like that but the pictures do show several Obi qualities. Thank you for the info I will look into that breed more.  :D  To reply to imogen Obi weights 50lbs and is almost 3ft tall on all 4's. the Humane society told us that he was a cattle dog but he soon out grew the stalky shape of a blue heeler. Thank you again I can't tell you how long I've waited for any clue into what my big baby's background is.