Author Topic: i officially have a bubble boy!  (Read 5233 times)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
i officially have a bubble boy!
« on: July 23, 2007, 01:47:14 am »
What a weekend!  phew!  sorry we've been MIA all weekend! things have been, yet again, crazy.  Saturday night fumble had a little ice cream to celebrate his birthday with both his auntie and mom around (stacy had to work friday night)... so he ate that. and then both stac and i were pooped around 830 and on the weekends we never sleep well because of the neighbors/Renters leave their light on.  So we both took one tylenol pm, and started watching tv.  Well.. fumble at like 9 o clock started picking at the rug with his teeth, almost like he was trying to pull his fur off of it (the shedded fur).  then i took him outside and he started to mow the lawn for us.  Stacy started looking stuff up online and got worried because she read about "bloat".  so we figured better to call if we have that "feeling" like with a child.  I called the emergency vet right down the street and they said their xray machine was down, so i would have go to buzzards bay, which is where fumble had his TPLO.  so we drove down there (on the tylenol pm, i think we worked off of adrenaline) and the vet was great, she said that when dogs are nauseous they pick at the rugs like that (never knew that!), and he seemed fine when we got there, so no big deal.  So that was solveD!  and we got home at 1, $120 poorer! LOL

Well, i've noticed that he's had a great increase in eye boogies lately, but i just chalked it up to his allergies.   Well after saturday they started to get greener, meaning infection.  and then stacy noticed this morning that he's losing fur on the outside of his right eye and that it's getting crusty and dry.  So i called his normal vet and have to go tomorrow!  gotta love him!  he's really bubble boy!!  His leg is almost healed and he figures he can start spending my money again!  thank god he's so cute! ;)
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: i officially have a bubble boy!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 02:00:23 am »
awww poor guy, and poor you too! at least it was a false alarm about the bloat! so that's good. hopefully all he'll need is an antibiotic and eyedrops. maybe after this youre unlucky streak will end?
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 02:14:55 am »
Oh Fumble it is a good thing you are soooo cute!!

I hope you are feeling better today!!  Give your Mommy and Aunt a break and stay healthy!!

Randy and Harley

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 02:56:24 am »
Ohhh, it's awful when we're worried about the pups.  I'm glad that it wasn't bloat, and maybe the eye thingy will be a quick cure for all involved. 

We've laughed for years that if we want to discuss money around here (especially if there's any good $ news to talk about), we have to do outside of the hearing range of the pups, cars, appliances.... you know, anybody or anything!  Otherwise, next thing we know we have a huge bill for something.   ;D   The hard part is that we're running out of places to talk money, but fortunately (or unfortunately, I guess) there hasn't been any good $ news around here to discuss lately, so maybe we won't have any huge and expensive problems for a while.  I'm hoping that things are smooth sailing for you and Fumble now!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 03:05:28 am »

We've laughed for years that if we want to discuss money around here (especially if there's any good $ news to talk about), we have to do outside of the hearing range of the pups, cars, appliances.... you know, anybody or anything!  Otherwise, next thing we know we have a huge bill for something.   ;D   The hard part is that we're running out of places to talk money, but fortunately (or unfortunately, I guess) there hasn't been any good $ news around here to discuss lately, so maybe we won't have any huge and expensive problems for a while.  I'm hoping that things are smooth sailing for you and Fumble now!

haha... i keep trying to tell him that Mommy works for a non profit and that will never bring in a lot of $$... so he needs to shape up!  or i am going to stick him in an environmental controled bubble! ;)
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 07:54:33 am »
Hey things like this we can do a telemedicine appointment, Its alot cheaper since we're both verizon customers. Unfortunatly can't help ya with the visit tomorrow, he's spending more of your money. If the kid keeps this up he's going to have come live with me so he can get reduced rate veterinary care, and my loud mouth Newfoundland can go live with her Aunty Stacey. Oh well give the Lug a hug and we'll catch up. Tim

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 12:01:18 pm »
Poor Fumble. It stinks that he is so sickly but he is sooo cute that it makes it worth it. Right?  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Anakalia

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 07:47:15 am »
Oh no, poor Fumble!  He's having a heck of a time huh?  Hopefully he'll feel better soon.

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 01:47:36 am »
hahah!  his cuteness definately makes up for it!  i would do anything for him no questions asked!  he's my big baby!  We went to the vet and he said that it doesn't look like an eye infection, it looks like he has a hot spot not even an inch away from his eye.  he gave me some drops to put on it just so that if it gets in the eye its no big deal.  he also get me ceph, and benadryl (which i won't give him cause it makes him crazy).  IT's his allergies, and i'm thinking it's his food cause we just changed it to duck and potato allergy natures balance, and his skin has been a little on the dry side.  I'm thinking about switching to Timberwolf Ocean Blue this weekend... maybe even mix in some salmon and elk, cause that stuff's all organic.  or at least that's what they say! :) LOL! 

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 03:09:53 am »
Wow , *I* want to be Fumble ! Dining on Duck and Elk ? Mmmmmmm  ;)
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 04:29:18 am »
Poor Fumbs- hot spots are miserable- and right by the eye- bummer. I hope that he gets to feeling better and soon.