Author Topic: Dog in bad need of grooming  (Read 4436 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Dog in bad need of grooming
« on: July 21, 2005, 05:22:26 pm »
So most of you, have probably read about my SIL and how she does NOT take care of her dogs. I even called the animal control and had the cops go out to her house. Apperently they gave her a certain time to have the doog groomed and to fix the pen it was kept in, so it could actually move around and to have shelter for wind, rain and sun.

Going through old pics, I found pics of her last dog (who is no longer with us) after begging her long enough, she let me groom the poor thing, I dont know if you can tell from the pics, but the whole dog was a big mat, couldnt even get in with clippers had to use scissors to open a spot first.

The dog she has now is even worse, but she wont let me groom, I have no idea why, or why in the world she has dogs at all for that matter.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: Dog in bad need of grooming
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 05:26:15 pm »
WOW hel looks soooo good after the grooming!!!

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

nickerbokker

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 05:39:18 pm »
i dont really have a comment on your SIL.  i hate her. 

BUT, way to go on the grooming!  puppy looks SOOO much happier!  being able to move and all without pain!  goodness!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 05:50:29 pm »
You did a great job grooming her!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 06:29:20 pm »
OMG I hate her too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...There is NO friggin' excuse for that!!!...Jesus, I fought Samson for a good 20 minutes today to get rid of a small mat under his back leg...Sammy said, "NO WAY"!!!...Mama said "YES WAY"!!!...Had to put him on his back & pin him down with my weight but I won!!! :D Deep down I think he loves me for it though...lol.. .Marit, great job on the dog!!!...I hope she does something about the one she has now!!!...Does she take care of them beyond the coats?...Maybe she should consider a short haired breed!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 07:21:32 pm »
Maybe just hit her over the head with the pet rock.  Who knows it might help. hehehe
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 07:40:30 pm »
Maybe just hit her over the head with the pet rock.  Who knows it might help. hehehe

Theres a thought, I was more thinking in terms of frying pan though hehe.

And she does not take care of her pets period, it is bad with the coats, and if she got a short haired breed it would be one thing less for the dog having to deal with. But she also keeps them outside 24/7 with no shelter for the sun, the rain or wind. The pen she is having the dog in is maybe 4,5 meters times 4,5 meters (okay I am a metric person). She thinks she is "training" them once in a blue moon when she feels like it, and her idea of training, is to shout out a command and then slap the dog if it doesnt do what she expects it to, without any concern to the fact that she never bothered to teach the dog what to do in the first place.

I hate her too guys, I even called the cops on her and her animal neglect, need I say that she kinda hates me too lol....

Marit

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2005, 08:08:28 pm »
Marit,
Post the animal controls number on here we can all call and complain. I had to turn in a so called breeder because when we went to look at the dogs it was a horrible situation. Mange, tapeworms in their eyes, aggression, too many dogs in one kennel with one dog house and algae infested water to drink. All I can say is "YUCK" tell her that she does not need them if she can not keep them up, I bet she fixes her hair and cleans herself up.
UGGGGGHHHH.... ....
By the way, you did a wonderful job on the grooming.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2005, 08:15:34 pm »
Thanks, didnt leave much hair, but there wasnt much to leave, I was happy I could comb out enough to make a beard and eye brows. I have told her several times, first tried to say it in a nice way, but when she just looked at me as if I were the one with some kind of issues and the one who needed changing, I got a little more aggressive. After I groomed this dog, I told her, how terribly easy it would be for her to keep up with the coat, it was so short, just run a brush through it a few times a week, but noooooooo.

I will call the cops monday and see what time frame they gave her, and when that is out well I will make some kind of excuse to go see her, or rather I can make Jennifer go see her cousins. If things are still bad, I will post the number on here in a heart beat and I will gladly see her a.. burn when the animal control gets all the phone calls. Actually that thought made me feel a lot better hehe

Thanks for the offer, I will for sure take you up on it.

Marit

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2005, 11:23:49 pm »
I can sum up her hubby in very very quickly.

He does not say much, he gets too drunk at every cookout and have to spend some time in the bathroom, he is totally run over by his wife and is a big sour pu..

So no help there, he was better right in the beg. of their marriage but now well he is like in  his own little world, maybe thats where he escapes to not having to deal with my SIL.

Marit

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2005, 11:34:45 pm »
Marit, I hate that the dog is there...I hate that you have to know about it knowing what a big heart you have...It's people like your SIL that take a toll mentally, emotionally, financially, & stress wise on people like us & they don't think twice about it...Can you steal the dog & get it into some kind of rescue?...I don't talk about this much but I am in the process of soemthing just like that with my sister's neighbors dog..A rat terrier...She is their 3rd dog in 4 yrs...Left outside 24-7 chained up in an pen kennel in farm contry with the coyotes close by...I had to call the Humane Society on them last winter because she had no food & water...The H.S. made them get a heated water dish but there wasn't much else they could do...Now in the heat of summer my sister & the other neighbor have been feeding & watering her on a pretty consistant basis...I, myself, have snuck food & water down to her...We have to sneak becausen the guy tha owns her is violent...When they aren't home we sneak down & give her attention...Th e next time they leave to go camping...she is out of there!!!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 11:45:28 pm by GYPSY JAZMINE »

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2005, 11:42:30 pm »
Good for you Gyp..... and for the poor puppy. You are so right though, it is people like them who for some very strange reason keep getting dogs they dont take care of, and we who really care get all upset and emotionally stressed out.

SIL and her family live at the very end of a super small road, where the hubbys grandparents live at the beg. of the road, you have to "round" a big pond to get to their house and pass two houses where they can tell you exactly who came and left and when (just a tad bit noosy) so to smuggle the dog away from there is out of the questiong, well at least to do it without them knowing it was me.

BUT I am not backing down this time, I WILL make sure the cops go out again to check that the conditions are what they told them they have to be, and I guess if that doesnt help I will just keep bugging the animal control until they do something.

Marit

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2005, 11:58:01 pm »
You are so right dogs4ever, there should be a help line or something like that.

I worked as groomer for a few years and unfortunately I have seen way way too many dogs with matts soooo bad, maggets live under them. I still have not been able to figure out why in the world people get dogs, just to not care about them, or even give them the most basic care.

Marit

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2005, 12:07:15 am »
LOL!

Nicole

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2005, 08:28:23 am »
HA! Last week, I looked in the mirror, and I was like, "AGH! Get a hair cut, girl!" So, I went and got one yesterday. It was really nice. It had been WAY TOO LONG. But, Cabeza's coat is shiny and mat free! hehehehee! We're ridiculous.  ::)