Author Topic: Pyr's to be euthanized in Kentucky. Can anyone help??  (Read 36891 times)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: Pyr's to be euthanized in Kentucky. Can anyone help??
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2005, 06:46:51 pm »
bump for doghealer  :)
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2005, 08:21:42 pm »
Wow, I wonder why they never called me back?
Ok, I am trying to work this out... my friend in the rescue group here gave me some advice and ideas of what I am getting myself into, and my boyfriend is already worried about lots of white hair so this isn't going to be as easy as I thought!!!
More as soon as I figure things out...

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2005, 08:26:31 pm »
Hi let me know, if you can't foster him then maybe I can contact Vinny Dog and get him to the Wisconsin shelter.

Thanks
Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2005, 08:28:53 pm »
Ok, I am trying to work this out... my friend in the rescue group here gave me some advice and ideas of what I am getting myself into, and my boyfriend is already worried about lots of white hair so this isn't going to be as easy as I thought!!!

Get a good vacuum cleaner and buy patience in bulk at Sams lol..... my hubby has not too much understanding for hair or drool, but ohhhh well, he married me, and that is what comes with hehe

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2005, 09:34:00 pm »
Ok. After a long conversation with boyfriend, I realize I can't keep him. I am getting ready to move and my next few weeks are going to be chaos!
What I can offer for Ranger is that I can be the one to pick him up, and I could conceivably keep him for a few days. If it turned out that he was very mellow and housebroken and healthy, I could take care of him for longer. Otherwise it would be really difficult in my current apartment! I don't have a crate big enough for a Pyr! So if we could quickly find a home or a rescue group willing to take him, that would work best for my current situation. If this happened 2 weeks from now it would be smooth sailing!
In the morning I am going to call the shelter. Most likely they will want to send him directly to a vet to be neutered so I wouldn't be able to pull him right out anyway. They might be able to get his shot records if he was an owner surrender, and if they have more information it would really help me with the planning. If I get him out under the name of ... (who I do some work with) his adoption fee might be discounted. Hopefully!
There is a Pyr Rescue in Tennessee who takes in mixed breed pyrs, I'll give them a call in the morning and see if they are willing to help out.
Anyone else have any ideas? Like I said, I am still more than happy to be the one who gets him out of there and keep him a few days. But just getting him out could be more complicated than just handing them a check and walking out with the dog!
I know it's getting late, but I will check back and see if someone wise can help solve this dilemma!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 07:14:51 pm by doghealer »

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2005, 09:49:46 pm »
Hi see what you can do if the rescue in Tenesee take him that would be awesome and I emailed Vinny dog about taking him to Wisconsin, just waiting for a reply. I'm sure that we'll be able to figure something out  ;D
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2005, 09:56:12 pm »
As far as the hair goes, get yourself a grooming tool called a rake...It is a God send!...I brush Samson out thoroughly once a week & run a brush over him where he sheds most almost every day...It really keeps up on the loose hair...B.t.w., Pyrs make EXCELLENT house dogs...They don't take up much space because they rarely move...lol!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2005, 09:56:56 pm »
Ok good. I just don't want to get in over my head out of excitement!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2005, 10:01:11 pm »
Dilbert (pyr mix) doesn't shed that much, only when he blew his coat and that came out in clumps. I find that short haired dogs shed more. My brothers Dane was here for 4 days and the room that he slept in with her was FULL of tiny black hairs, I am still finding her hair every where! Love her but man she sheds like 24/7.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2005, 10:17:36 pm »
At least with Pyr hair you can find it to clean it up...I have 8 cats also...That darn hair weaves itself into stuff!...I have very nice cat hair woven cream carpet no matter how much I vacuum...When I vacuum Samson's area the hair is gone.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2005, 10:22:06 pm »
That is so true I don't know what it is about the hair but it is so easy to clean, maybe cus it's so fluffy?? Harleys hair sticks more and really gets into the carpet. Luckly I have carpet only in the living room the rest is wood, so easy clean up there.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2005, 10:26:33 pm »
Yeah, I think what my boyfriend said out loud was about fluffy hair but what he really meant was can we handle another dog right now... he is a dog lover like me who is asleep as I speak with 3 dogs in his bed, I don't think it's a hair issue!
We are about to move back in together (long story) so if I get a new dog it is his too, and I think he wanted our next dog to be a joint decision. We both know we are going to end up with about 10 dogs, but with just getting back into living together I need to remember to be respectful.
I have to just have faith that we can help Ranger out of a tough spot and something will work out for him.
 :)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2005, 10:36:55 pm »
I'm sure that we'll be able to rescue him if you can get him to the rescue shelter in Tenessee that would be great if not, then I'm sure we'll figure something out. Let me know tomorrow what the shelter says. And thanks so much for all your help. ANd I'll keep you posted from my end too

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2005, 11:25:33 pm »
Yeah, I think what my boyfriend said out loud was about fluffy hair but what he really meant was can we handle another dog right now... he is a dog lover like me who is asleep as I speak with 3 dogs in his bed, I don't think it's a hair issue!
We are about to move back in together (long story) so if I get a new dog it is his too, and I think he wanted our next dog to be a joint decision. We both know we are going to end up with about 10 dogs, but with just getting back into living together I need to remember to be respectful.
I have to just have faith that we can help Ranger out of a tough spot and something will work out for him.
 :)
Respectful...Oh o.k...that's when you wash his dirty undies, cook his dinner, split yourself open to have his children, clean the house, & always love him & back him up even when he is wrong...& he lets you have 8 house cats, 2 house bunnies, 1 guinea pig, (& cries with you when the other g. pig dies of old age) & 2 dogs...Oh wait...that's me & Randy :P ;D...lol!...Randy said I couldn't even hav 1 cat...That was 10 yrs. ago...I have found that men have a way of adapting to our animal insanity. :D Good luck on convincing him & if not then we'll figure out a way to get Ranger to a better place!...You have an awesome heart doghealer...I think you rock!!! ;D

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2005, 06:49:57 am »
That is hilarious Gypsy! Lucky for me HE does all the cooking! HA HA! At least I always win there! I will just have to see what happens with this dog. Maybe it will be easier than I think, but also I am not sure about bringing home a new dog when I can't even really afford the $65 to get him out of jail!! Maybe I am just in the wrong state of mind.
Well it's nearing 8:00am so I''m about to make some calls.
I'll update soon.