Author Topic: Pyr's to be euthanized in Kentucky. Can anyone help??  (Read 36820 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: Pyr's to be euthanized in Kentucky. Can anyone help??
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2005, 09:57:13 am »
What cuties, I just went to take a look at them on Petfinder, they are adorable.

Has anyone found a no kill rescue group yet? I live in NC, I have no idea if there are any pyr. groups here, or if anyone has checked on it. Sometimes it is annoying to work for rescue groups that deal with only one breed, it makes you feel helpless in situations when it is not that breed who need help. Mind you maybe just because of the fact that people are working with the breed or their "hearts" that people are willing to go the extra mile. I dont know though.

I will do a check around NC and SC and see if there is any pyr groups. Just a couple of weeks ago I had a rescue transport going to glos. KY it was a Maine Coon cat but I am sure the transporters could have given the puppies a ride the other way, now that wont help them now, I wish we had seen this a little earlier.

If there is a need for donations for the shelter fees, I am more than willing to help out.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2005, 10:04:57 am »
This is just the best group ever!!! Last night I just felt helpless, and now so many people are willing to go above and beyond it is just great.
Thank you everyone, I just know that we can help save these guys.

Nina 
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline irinad83

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2005, 10:55:55 am »
you guys are absolutely amazing...it brought tears to my eyes just reading about how everyone is trying to help!
I wish you luck, and I live all the way in Oregon, but if I can help (maybe with paying for part of the fee), let me know, I would be more than willing to pitch in

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2005, 10:58:52 am »
Ok some new info, looks like Wisconsin is a better route to go, as there is no place for them in Colorado. If wisconsin falls through we may still have a place for them in Denver. And Beth is in contact with the shelter, there has been on inquiry on Opal but nothing definate at this point.
If anyone can help with the transport to Wisconsin let me know  ;D Thanks

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2005, 11:01:41 am »
So here's what is happening so far, there is 3 dogs that are in need of rescue, Beth has offered to help pay for the get out of Jail fee and I can help as well, it is $65 per dog, according to the website.  So we have 2 options

1) Beth can get them to a rescue shelter in wisconsin, I have emailed someone from my pyr list, she said she could possible help with trasnport but her car can only hold 2 dogs max.

2) we also have transport to denver but I haven't heard anything back from any shelters in that area.

If you can help with transport that would be great gyps. If you want to email me or Beth and let us know that would be great.

Nina
Nina, I sent you a p.m. here at the group.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2005, 11:03:13 am »
I hope the Wisc is a hit, I also emailed one pyr rescue in KY and one in NC I have yet not heard from them though.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2005, 11:09:28 am »
So here's what is happening so far, there is 3 dogs that are in need of rescue, Beth has offered to help pay for the get out of Jail fee and I can help as well, it is $65 per dog, according to the website.  So we have 2 options

1) Beth can get them to a rescue shelter in wisconsin, I have emailed someone from my pyr list, she said she could possible help with trasnport but her car can only hold 2 dogs max.

2) we also have transport to denver but I haven't heard anything back from any shelters in that area.

If you can help with transport that would be great gyps. If you want to email me or Beth and let us know that would be great.

Nina
Nina, I sent you a p.m. here at the group.
Also, is this WI rescue in Milwaukee?...I believe that is where the rescue lady I talked to not long ago was located...I am looking for her phone number.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2005, 11:11:42 am »
I doubt they would make it out to California, but if they did I would be on board to help out...
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2005, 11:24:11 am »
Ok. If whoever is taking them across the country can only manage two at a time, here's what I could do: I could grab the mix (Ranger) and just bring him down to Tennessee and either keep him (did I just say that?) or foster him for a while. If y'all need me to do this, let me know. I love adventures.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2005, 11:27:40 am »
Ok. If whoever is taking them across the country can only manage two at a time, here's what I could do: I could grab the mix (Ranger) and just bring him down to Tennessee and either keep him (did I just say that?) or foster him for a while. If y'all need me to do this, let me know. I love adventures.

That would be great, oh your bringing tears to my eyes. I am so happy. I can pay the money to get him out of "jail" if need be. and if it's ok can I send this to Beth to let her know??

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2005, 11:33:48 am »
Yeah when do I need to pick him up? If they take credit cards, I can manage the fee but otherwise I'll need assistance. I'm getting ready to move into a new house and all my cash is going towards the pet deposit!!! LOL!!
I am so excited!
I have two huge bags of dogfood in my trunk that were just waiting for my next foster dog!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2005, 11:44:19 am »
This is great I just sent an email to Beth letting her know that you can pick up Ranger, and I can help with the fee, I get paid tomorrow so no worries on that. Not sure how you want to do it, Wire money over?? is that possible from Canada to US... I'm sure it is. Send me a personal message and we can get the ball rolling  ;D You are the best ;D

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline Viney Dog

• Ankle Biter
  • Raisa-Beautiful.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2005, 12:01:19 pm »

Everyone;  So much appreciation to all of you for your dedication to these (3) Pyrs....an update.  I just spoke with the Barren River Animal Welfare Association in Glasgow, Jy.  The (2) Pyrs, Opal and Bernice, are being recused by a Great Pyrenees rescue group this Sunday, July 24.  The gentleman will be picking them both up at that time.  I did emphasize that should anything fall through that they contact me directly should anything change, and I would assure to make alternative arrangements.  So, they will stay together for sure.  The Pyr/Collie mix, Ranger, is still available.  So, "doghealer" if you would like to give this beauty a loving home, please call Linda Kuhn at the Barren River Animal Welfare Association in Glasgow, Ky at 270-651-7297 to make arrangements for adoption as soon as possible.  I will gladly assist with any fees you would incur without hesitation.  I apologize that I did not ask about charge cards, but that would not be a problem with me either.  Please advise if I can help you further.  I would sleep much better tonight knowing that all 3 were going to good homes away from that place.  Again, thanks to all of you for your amazing offers of kindness.  We have done good today...

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2005, 12:13:41 pm »

Everyone;  So much appreciation to all of you for your dedication to these (3) Pyrs....an update.  I just spoke with the Barren River Animal Welfare Association in Glasgow, Jy.  The (2) Pyrs, Opal and Bernice, are being recused by a Great Pyrenees rescue group this Sunday, July 24.  The gentleman will be picking them both up at that time.  I did emphasize that should anything fall through that they contact me directly should anything change, and I would assure to make alternative arrangements.  So, they will stay together for sure.  The Pyr/Collie mix, Ranger, is still available.  So, "doghealer" if you would like to give this beauty a loving home, please call Linda Kuhn at the Barren River Animal Welfare Association in Glasgow, Ky at 270-651-7297 to make arrangements for adoption as soon as possible.  I will gladly assist with any fees you would incur without hesitation.  I apologize that I did not ask about charge cards, but that would not be a problem with me either.  Please advise if I can help you further.  I would sleep much better tonight knowing that all 3 were going to good homes away from that place.  Again, thanks to all of you for your amazing offers of kindness.  We have done good today...
Ty Viney for all you have done for these furry faced babies!...If anything goes awry & you are called I will be open to help with some transport.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2005, 12:14:49 pm »

Everyone;  So much appreciation to all of you for your dedication to these (3) Pyrs....an update.  I just spoke with the Barren River Animal Welfare Association in Glasgow, Jy.  The (2) Pyrs, Opal and Bernice, are being recused by a Great Pyrenees rescue group this Sunday, July 24.  The gentleman will be picking them both up at that time.  I did emphasize that should anything fall through that they contact me directly should anything change, and I would assure to make alternative arrangements.  So, they will stay together for sure.  The Pyr/Collie mix, Ranger, is still available.  So, "doghealer" if you would like to give this beauty a loving home, please call Linda Kuhn at the Barren River Animal Welfare Association in Glasgow, Ky at 270-651-7297 to make arrangements for adoption as soon as possible.  I will gladly assist with any fees you would incur without hesitation.  I apologize that I did not ask about charge cards, but that would not be a problem with me either.  Please advise if I can help you further.  I would sleep much better tonight knowing that all 3 were going to good homes away from that place.  Again, thanks to all of you for your amazing offers of kindness.  We have done good today...

That is great news!!!! I am so happy. And "doghealer" same goes for me I will gladly help pay any rescue fees, knowing that Ranger will be safe is a great feeling. And "vinny dog" did they mention what rescue group they are going to?? Is it in KY?? Just wondering. Thank you all for your help like vinny said we have done good
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)