Author Topic: Amelia  (Read 3671 times)

Nicole

Amelia
« on: July 31, 2007, 07:05:22 pm »
Hey...how is she doing? Has anyone heard from Doherty_Swissy?

Wanting an update...

marypyrs

Re: Amelia
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 12:39:48 am »
 ??? I've been wondering a lot about Amelia too.  ??? How's she doing? What's up? Any news?

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 01:04:50 am »
I still have her at my house and have heard nothing from anyone. Holly and Julie ( Gwecks and Beans mom) sent some money to help with food thru paypal, but nothing from anyone else. She is still here at the house. Sweet dog. But I really need to get her moved or rehomed as quickly as possible.

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 01:23:23 am »
Also- I have said this privately, but now publicly, Thank You Holly and Julie. It was a very generous act to even think of Amelia and her welfare. When I brought her into the house, I knew that she would be fed and loved and cared for, but its nice knowing that Aunt Holly and Aunt Julie were also interested in her well being. She is putting on weight. She is spoiled rotten. She now knows that she better claim her spot by the bed before I turn off the lights and she understands that dog food is the main item on her menu, not human food. However just because she does understand this, it doesnt mean that she isnt still going to try. Her biggest fault so far is her drool and her bull headed desire to be in the house. She barreled thru my front storm door and it now has to be replaced. Other than that- life here is normal. Even Jake has decided she is an ok guest. Annie- well Annie would have something different to say, but Annie didnt want to share me with anyone else.
Amelia has also learned that it is ok to play in the creek and to chase squirrels and if I am on the lawn tractor- she is never far behind. She is going to make someone the most incredible companion and I really hope that it is someone on BPO.

Offline happiday

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All I ever do is SMILE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 09:08:49 am »
How does Amelia get along with cats?  and other female dogs? 
Salli, Annie's mama!

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 02:01:01 pm »
Amelia gets along with everyone, including dogs and cats. She has never met a stranger. Jake has been a bit nippy with her lately because he is jealous and she never even reacts to him. She just wants to lay her head on you and be loved. Like I had said earlier- she sleeps right beside my side of the bed at nite, on the floor- and occasionally at nite she will check to make sure that I didnt sneak off. This is the sweetest dog ever, she just needs a forever home that doesnt include a couple of overly jealous great danes.

Nicole

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 04:47:59 pm »
OH! Well, I'm glad I asked, Paige! I didn't know you had paypal, either. I also would like to shoot you some funds. Please pm me your paypal info.

Ok. I did speak with Ranger's mama. She's not in a position to take Ameila right now and she's really sad about it. :(

I'm going on my honeymoon next week, but after that, I'll be available to help out. I would love for the big girl to go straight to her forever home. I hate to see them bounced around. But, we'll do whatever. She can stay with us for a bit, although, Mark is always more open to that kind of thing if a home is right on the horizon, you know?

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 08:43:22 pm »
Any updates? I'm baaaaa-aaaack! So, we can help out if necessary. Paige, I got your paypal from Jenn, so fundage to feed this baybay is on the way!