Author Topic: New here!!!!  (Read 2545 times)

Offline LynziMarie

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
New here!!!!
« on: July 31, 2007, 10:24:45 pm »
hello there!
I'm new to this forum!
also to owning a giant breed.
She's a 12 wk old Harl. Great Dane pup named Sophie!!
I also am mom to Oliver, a Chihuahua/Dachshund mix
and sister to Laycee (Beagle) Maya (Chocolate Lab.) and Toby (Am. Cocker Spaniel)
along with our 5 dogs, we have rescued 4 cats and 5 out of 8 birds.
It is a very busy house here!!!!!!
but I love EVERY minute of it!

I am the main rescuer of the family, I'm 17 yrs old and we all live in the mountains of Utah! Luckily it's very rural, so we're allowed all of our animals.
I'm homeschooled and a senior, but when it's time for college I will be buying a small house near the school so I can take my 2 dogs, 7 birds, and 2 cats.
the rest get to stay at home with mom and dad!
I'll be going to college to become a Vet.

along with rescuing and training my animals, I figure skate, I love photography, anything having to with the arts (drawing, painting, sculpture) and writing!!!

Because I love working with animals sooo much, I've decided to train my Dane girl to be a volunteer therapy dog.
so any advice as far as that goes would be wonderful!!!!!

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: New here!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 11:05:32 pm »
Welcome on board! My dog Lily just got certified as a therapy dog. We have not started our visits yet but really looking forward to it. The most important thing is to socialize your pup around everything and everyone. Here is one of the previous posts about therapy work. There are a couple of people on this board who volunteer in nursing homes and libraries. Good luck and please post some pictures!

http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,17187.15.html
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 01:21:33 am »
Hello and welcome!
that is so great that you have helped to rescue a number of animals.

My name is Chris, and my current crew consists of Keiko, a 9 yr old husky/shep mix, Gunther, a 2 yr old great dane, and Nigel and Posey, two 1 yr old rat terriers.  I also have 1 cockatiel (Pasta), 2 rat brothers (Sunny and Spud/Tater), and a handful of fish. 

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 07:02:55 pm »
Hi and welcome to the board. I'm Tina mom to 3 pyrs. Annie, Merri and Tripper. I think it's great that you rescue and care for all those animals.