Author Topic: Puppy Food what's best for pyrs.  (Read 9283 times)

Offline MollyGirl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Puppy Food what's best for pyrs.
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 08:12:35 pm »
Awwww. I've heard of that food before. How is it working for her? I hope she's feeling better!

Yesterday, Miles was napping, he all of a sudden woke up and vomited ALOT of stuff up. And I had only fed him a half a cup of food so far that day! Then, he had the runs! haha I do not know why, but he's better today. I think he ate something outside he shouldn't have.

Those pups are like babies! And it's so hard to watch what they put in their mouths since they do it so sly....haha Hope Pheobe is feeling better now!
She seems to be doing fine on Diamond I was glad to get her off Purina puppy there are alot of fillers in that.  she is on a bland diet now ID prescription diet to help her tummy settle then I will slowly introduce her kibble with it.  They are quick to eat anything and everything she hears NO and Leave it alot but she is such a good girl we are so happy to have her.

Ya know my Pyr puppies were on Diamond adult food at the breeders and I couldn't wait to get them off of it because of how foul they smelled..serio usly it was enough to make you sick. Their breath could have knocked you over and they were 8 weeks old! I was like something is wrong with this picture..where's the sweet puppy breath? So once that food got out of their system, the smell went away. I'm glad yours is doing well on it.. but wow, it didn't agree with ours!

I'm glad she's feeling better today too!

That is odd about the breath.  I have her on Puppy large breed her breath is very puppish I love it too.  i hope once we switch her back to dry kibble she does ok I would hate to have to buy more food since we have 40lbs of it.
Becky
Phoebe 1-1/2 Yr.Great Pyrenees
MollyGirl No longer with us Pyr/Springer mix

marypyrs

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 01:06:04 am »
My personal opinion. Get her off the Diamond. They have stopped producing although they have not taken their current items off the shelves. They are going through a "clean up" of the processing plant and will not be manufacturing more until Oct. And keep her off the Purina. Throw that 40 lb bag out or take it back to the Supplier. $$$ doesn't matter when it comes to the health of the pup. I'll post more on another thread because my computer is wacky. (Wish me luck with this stupid system.  :()
Jane

Offline MollyGirl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 01:34:42 am »
My personal opinion. Get her off the Diamond. They have stopped producing although they have not taken their current items off the shelves. They are going through a "clean up" of the processing plant and will not be manufacturing more until Oct. And keep her off the Purina. Throw that 40 lb bag out or take it back to the Supplier. $$$ doesn't matter when it comes to the health of the pup. I'll post more on another thread because my computer is wacky. (Wish me luck with this stupid system.  :()
Jane
\
OK now Im really worried what is wrong with Diamonds plant?  I need more info on this ASAP please??!!!!
Becky

Offline MollyGirl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 01:51:07 am »
Jane
\
OK now Im really worried what is wrong with Diamonds plant?  I need more info on this ASAP please??!!!!
I have searched and have found nothing about the Diamond Naturals product only Diamond
Becky

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 03:05:15 am »
Is it the Large breed puppy lamb and rice formula? I couldn't find another large breed puppy one listed on this site, but this is a helpful site:

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php?product=937&cat=all

Offline MollyGirl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 04:48:34 am »
Is it the Large breed puppy lamb and rice formula? I couldn't find another large breed puppy one listed on this site, but this is a helpful site:

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php?product=937&cat=all
Thanks alot we will be switching food this was helpful.
Becky