Author Topic: UGH!!! It's STILL growing!!! Warning- Pic included!  (Read 3452 times)

DenverFurKiddos

UGH!!! It's STILL growing!!! Warning- Pic included!
« on: August 02, 2007, 07:27:29 pm »
Hi all!  Sorry I've been MIA lately-- We are now the IndyFurKiddos, as we just moved from Denver to Indianapolis.  We've had a little bit of a house hunting nightmare (two contracts fell through), but we're finally set to close on our new home 8.31.07.  Whew....Hubby and I are living with my parents, which is a BALL OF FUN (please enter sarcasm here).

Anyway, since Winston loves to ride in the car with his head on the front seat arm rest, I am the lucky one who go to look at his funky wart for the duration of our 20hr car ride back to the midwest!

I'm so bummed...it's been 2 months, and it's still growing!  He's also torn it open playing with his brother Champ.  A friend told me that giving him Lysine, an amino acid, has been known to help, but I can't find any information on it. 
When is the point that I should have it removed???

Any thoughts???

Icerotti

Re: UGH!!! It's STILL growing!!! Warning- Pic included!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 07:50:34 pm »
aww the wart justs adds charcter ;) I agree with the others. It wouldn't hurt to have it checked out. Hope your living arrangments work out. :)

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 08:17:17 pm »
We had what the vet called a "skin tag" removed from Thorns leg last year. It got bigger than a pea, and he snagged it on something and it looked bad. I was scared because it was right on a vein. Anyway, they just gave him a local, and used a laser to take it off. Quick and easy (and a bit stinky...burnt flesh. LOL)
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 08:44:02 pm »
Sophie had something like that on the back of her elbow.  My vet wanted it removed immediately and biopsied.  Luckly it was non-cancerous.   I would have your vet check it out.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 03:02:41 am »
Just for the sake of vanity, I'd have it taken off! Plus, like everyone is saying, you want to make sure it's nothing serious.
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python